Creative Business Owner with exceptional background spent in the Beauty Industry. Proven leader with great communication skills and success working in most demanding environments. Talented in training and mentoring students in a college setting as well as salon. Ability to connect with students and clients, with amazing reviews from both.
I recently moved from Gulfport MS to Richland MS and I am looking for full or part time employment in clerical or administrative fields.
MS Licensed Cosmetologist, Registration #00-59965, issued in 2011 to present.
MS Licensed Cosmetology Instructor, Registration #01-59965, issued in 2013, currently paused for further education credits.
* Cut, colored and styled clients' hair with precision and expertise.
* Used Advanced communication skills to assess customer needs and gave advice about hair style and color options related to the clients particular hair texture, strength, facial shape and skin tones.
* Sold and promoted hair care products and cosmetics for each individual clients needs.
* Cleaned Salon equipment according to State Board of Cosmetology guidelines for disinfection and sanitation.
* Trained salon staff in traditional and innovative new techniques including salon management and customer service.
* Inventoried and ordered all service and retail products.
* Scheduled appointments 3 to 4 weeks out.
* Maintained detailed records of all services provided on each client for future reference.
* Counted and documented opening and closing cash amounts daily.
* Logged all income, cash and credit cards for tax purposes.
* Stayed current and up to date on new skills and services.
Upon graduation at Chris Beauty College, they offered me a fully paid scholarship to stay and get my Instructors License.
MS Licensed Cosmetology Instructor, Registration # 01-59965, issued 2013, currently paused for further education credits.
Highly skilled Cosmetology Instructor taught the skills needed to enter the beauty industry.
* Natural talent for teaching.
* Learning and adapting the course curriculum.
* Ordering stock supplies for each course.
* Taught students the skills of the beauty industry.
* Set out written and practical tests.
* Graded written and practical tests.
* Lectured theory portions and gave study skills to students to retain the information.
* Lectured and performed practical skills on dolls or clients.
* Taught Anatomy and Physiology, Infectious Disease Control in all areas, Sanitation and disinfection guidelines laid out by MS State Board of Cosmetology, Chemistry in relation to products in acidic and alkaline forms, Salon Business, Customer Service, Client Retention, Marketing, and the importance of continuing education, Taught a full range of cosmetology courses such as esthetics, advanced hair techniques, skin care, makeup and nail technology.
* Continually devised lesson plans to keep up to date new techniques and technologies in the field.
* Recorded time in class for each student, per a 1500 hour course curriculum.
Licensed Property and Casualty License.
Sold insurance policies that protect people and businesses from financial loss resulting from automobile accidents, fire, theft and other events that can damage property.
* Office Manager.
* Generate leads through the development of professional relationships, community involvement, existing clients and internal referrals.
* Identified and pursued cross-selling opportunities amongst existing clients.
* Underwrote for several different Insurance Companies.
* Made new business and renewal goals.
* Assisted clients with claims process.
* Handled all monies received, recorded and made daily deposits.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: