Energetic, team-oriented professional experienced in high acuity, fast-paced critical situations, eagerly looking to secure a role as an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner in an inpatient facility.
• Organization and registration of samples received from hospitals and clinical centers from within the USA and from hospitals in other countries around the world. Maintain patient records diagnosed with the inborn error. Screen, interview, consent and enroll patients for clinical / research studies. Organized the dispensing of bile acid therapy under an FDA IND approved treatment and maintain and track patient use. Maintain close contact with parents, patients, and physicians regarding thediagnosis and treatment of liver disease.
• Perform the analytical work preparing the samples for mass spectrometry analysis using gas chromatography (GC), High-Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), Mass Spectrometry along with Gas and Liquid Chromatography (GC-MS, LC-MS, LC-MS-MS) for diagnosis of genetic defects in bile acid synthesis causing liver disease. Performed experiments and record data in compliance with research protocols and perform statistical and graphical analysis of data collected. Prepare regulatory documents for investigator-initiated clinical research studies.
1. Setchell, K. D. R., Zhao, X., Jha, P., Heubi, J. E., Brown, N. M. 2009 The pharmacokinetic behavior of the soy isoflavone metabolite S-(-)equol and its diastereoisomer R-(+)equol in healthy adults determined by using stable-isotope-labeled tracers. Am J Clin Nutr 90(4):1029-1037.
2. Kohli, R., Kirby, M., Setchell, K. D. R., Jha P. et al. 2010 Intestinal adaptation after ileal interposition surgery increases bile acid recycling and protects against obesity-related comorbidities. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 299(3): G652-60
3. SETCHELL KDR, Jha P, Arslanoglu S, Boehm G, Brunetti G, Tauschel H-D, Moro GE. Metabolic fate and bioavailability of a new liquid formulation of ursodeoxycholic acid in preterm infants during parenteral nutrition. Hepatology 2010
4. Setchell KD1, Heubi JE, Shah S, Lavine JE, Suskind D, Al-Edreesi M, Potter C, Russell DW, O'Connell NC, Wolfe B, Jha P, Zhang W, Bove KE, Knisely AS,Hofmann AF, Rosenthal P, Bull LN. Genetic defects in bile acid conjugation cause fat-soluble vitamin deficiency. Gastroenterology. 2013 May;144(5):945-955.e6
5. Myronovych A1, Kirby M, Ryan KK, Zhang W, Jha P, Setchell KD, Dexheimer PJ, Aronow B, Seeley RJ, Kohli R. Vertical sleeve gastrectomy reduces hepatic steatosis while increasing serum bile acids in a weight-loss-independent manner. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2014 Feb; 22(2):390-400.
6. Setchell KD1, Brown NM, Zimmer-Nechemias L, Wolfe B, Jha P, Heubi JE. Metabolism of secoisolariciresinol-diglycoside the dietary precursor to the intestinally derived lignan enterolactone in humans. Food Funct. 2014 Mar; 5(3):491-501.
7. Heubi JE1, Setchell KD, Jha P, Buckley D, Zhang W, Rosenthal P, Potter C, Horslen S, Suskind D. Treatment of bile acid amidation defects with glycocholic acid. Hepatology. 2014 Aug 28.
8. Wujuan Zhang, Pinky Jha, Brian Wolfe, Antimo Gioiello, Roberto Pellicciari, Jianshe Wang, James Heubi, Kenneth D.R. Setchell. Tandem Mass Spectrometric Determination of Atypical 3β-Hydroxy-Δ5-Bile Acids in Patients with 3β-Hydroxy-Δ5-C27-Steroid Oxidoreductase Deficiency: Application to Diagnosis and Monitoring of Bile Acid Therapeutic Response. Clinical Chemistry clinchem.2015.238238 Published April 30, 2015.
Job Titles Held: