Dedicated and seasoned nurse who will utilize Southeastern Louisiana University's Masters of Science in Nursing Program- Family Nurse Practitioner Concentration to enhance career, professional development and to enable to provide excellent nursing care
Provided total patient care for high acuity patients in labor and delivery unit with
approximately 8000 deliveries in a year
Responsible for the direct care of pregnant and/or laboring patients, specifically those
with high risk and/or complicated pregnancies
· Assessed patient status and communicated clinical changes with physicians
Managed multiple patients at one time
Assisted physician during delivery, treatment, examination and surgical procedures.
Managed tocolysis and/or preterm delivery.
Cared for high risk antepartum patients.
Cared for and assisted with delivery for patients who have lost a child due to spontaneous
abortions or intrauterine fetal demise
· Provided education to pregnant and/or postpartum patients and their families
Worked as a team with my fellow labor and delivery staff
· Attended to the emotional status of the patients and their families
· Provided nursing care during maternal/fetal emergencies such as pre-eclampsia, postpartum
hemorrhage, and fetal distress.
Established intravenous access and administered medication as ordered.
Provided education to the patient relevant to the procedure being performed
Circulated among surgical team; coordinated communication and advocated for patients.
Maintained the sterility of equipment and instruments in the operating room suite.
Documented patient's progress during surgery.
Able to provide assistance during various surgical procedures (C-Section, Tubal Ligation,
Participated as a team to provide professional patient care by facilitating patients entering
the operating room, anticipating surgeon's needs, delivery of medications, drawing of lab
tests during the pre-op phase and meeting patient needs.
Managed post-operative pain and surgical sites
Advised on proper pain management techniques which included IV pain pumps, oral
medications, and other alternatives.
Woman's Hospital, Baton Rouge, LA August 2014-May 2015
· Perform duties assigned by department management according to policies and procedures
and the mission of Woman's Hospital
· Support nursing staff by performing routine patient care activities and assigned tasks
within the scope of practice.
· Insert and Remove Foley Catheters and In-and-Out Catheters
· Performed Accu-Check
· Sending cord blood to the lab
· Assisting the nurse with transfers to and from OR
· Setting up OR for Cesarean Section
· Putting together charts for Vaginal Deliveries and Cesarean Sections
· Scanning Doctors orders to Pharmacy
· Assist OB Techs in Cesarean Sections
· Put together/ Break down all charts
Job Titles Held: