More than 10 years of experience in cancer and cardiovascular diseases research. Published, 36 articles in well known peer reviewed journals, including poster & abstract. First prize awardee of poster presentations. Post doctoral experience with PhD & two master degree. Learned, Applied & trained with many bench experiments using multiple techniques, including bio-informatics (DATATRAK, TreeAgePro) and statistics. Mentored grad and undergrad students.
Links: https://portfolium.com/karmahapatrask. https://www.linkedin.com/in/soumendrakrishnakarmahapatra.https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Soumendrakrishna_Karmahapatra2.https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/term=soumendra+karmahapatra.https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/?term=soumendra+karmohapatra
Data Analytics (pursuing)
Certified with successfully completed training on DATATRAK, TreeAgePro, Radiation & bioenvironmental safety
1. John L. Woodard, Andrew C. Huntsman, Pratiq A. Patel, Hee-Byung Chai, Ragu Kanagasabai, Soumendrakrishna Karmahapatra, Alexandria N. Young, Yulin Ren, Malcolm S. Cole, Denisse Herrera, Jack C. Yalowich, A. Douglas Kinghorn, Joanna E. Burdette, James R. Fuchs. Synthesis and antiproliferative activity of derivatives of the phyllanthusmin class of arylnaphthalene lignan lactones. March 2018, Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry, DOI 0.1016/j.bmc.2018.03.033.
2. Kanagasabai R, Karmahapatra S, Kientz CA, Yu Y, Hernandez VA, Kania EE, Elton TS, Yalowich JC. The novel C-terminal truncated 90-kDa isoform of topoisomerase IIα (TOP2α/90) is a determinant of etoposide resistance in K562 leukemia cells via heterodimerization with the TOP2α/170 isoform. Mol Pharmacol. 2018 Mar 7.pii: mol.117.111567. doi: 10.1124/mol.117.111567.
3. Karmahapatra S, Kientz C, Shetty S, Yalowich JC, Rakotondraibe LH. Capsicodendrin from Cinnamosma fragrans Exhibits Antiproliferative and Cytotoxic Activity in Human Leukemia Cells: Modulation by Glutathione. J Nat Prod. 2018 Feb 6. doi: 10.1021/acs.jnatprod.7b00887.
4. Ragu Kanagasabai, Lucas Serdar, Soumendrakrishna Karmahapatra, Corey A. Kientz, Justin Ellis, Mary K. Ritke, Terry S. Elton, and Jack C. Yalowich. Alternative RNA Processing of Topoisomerase IIα in Etoposide Resistant Human Leukemia K562 Cells: Intron Retention Results in a Novel C-terminal Truncated 90 kDa Isoform. Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics November 10, 2016, jpet.116.237107;
5. Hasinoff BB, Wu X, Patel D, Kanagasabai R, Karmahapatra S, Yalowich JC. Mechanisms of Action and Reduced Cardiotoxicity of Pixantrone; a Topoisomerase II Targeting Agent with Cellular Selectivity for the Topoisomerase IIα Isoform. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2016 Feb;356(2):397-409.
6. Dixon M, Woodrick J, Gupta S, Karmahapatra SK, Devito S, Vasudevan S, Dakshanamurthy S, Adhikari S, Yenugonda VM, Roy R. Naturally occurring polyphenol, morin hydrate, inhibits enzymatic activity of N-methylpurine DNA glycosylase, a DNA repair enzyme with various roles in human disease. Bioorg Med Chem. 2015 Mar 1;23(5):1102-11.
7. Adhikari S, Chetram MA, Woodrick J, Mitra PS, Manthena PV, Khatkar P, Dakshanamurthy S, Dixon M, Soumendra K Karmahapatra, Nuthalapati NK, Gupta S, Narasimhan G, Mazumder R, Loffredo CA, Uren A, Roy R. Germ-line variants of human N-methylpurine DNA glycosylase show impaired DNA repair activity and facilitate 1,N6 ethenoadenine induced mutations. J Biol Chem. 2015 Feb 20;290(8):4966-80.
8. Soumendra K Karmahapatra, Saha T, Adhikari S, Woodrick J, Roy R. Redox regulation of purinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease 1 activity in Long-Evans Cinnamon rats during spontaneous hepatitis. Mol Cell Biochem. 2014 Mar;388(1-2):185-93.
9. Adhikari S, Soumendra K Karmahapatra, Karve TM, Bandyopadhyay S, Woodrick J, Manthena PV, Glasgow E, Byers S, Saha T, Uren A. Characterization of magnesium requirement of human 5'-tyrosyl DNA phosphodiesterase mediated reaction. BMC Res Notes. 2012 Mar 9;5:134.
10. Adhikari S, Manthena PV, Kota KK, Soumendra K Karmahapatra, Roy G, Saxena R, Uren A, Roy R. A comparative study of recombinant mouse and human apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease. Mol Cell Biochem. 2012 Mar;362(1-2):195-201.
11. Adhikari S, Soumendra K Karmahapatra, Elias H, Dhopeshwarkar P, Williams RS, Byers S, Uren A, Roy R. Development of a novel assay for human tyrosyl DNA phosphodiesterase 2. Anal Biochem. 2011 Sep 1;416(1):112-6.
12. Ghosh R, Soumendra K Karmahapatra, Bhattacharyya M, Bhattacharya R, Bhattacharya G, Sinha AK. The appearance of dermcidin isoform 2, a novel platelet aggregating agent in the circulation in acute myocardial infarction that inhibits insulin synthesis and the restoration by acetyl salicylic acid of its effects. J Thromb Thrombolysis. 2011 Jan; 31(1):13-21.
13. Ghosh R, Soumendra K Karmahapatra, Bhattacharya G, Kumar Sinha A. The glucose-induced synthesis of insulin in liver. Endocrine. 2010 Oct;38(2):294-302. Epub 2010 Oct 23.
14. Soumendra K Karmohapatra., Nighat N Kahn., Asru K Sinha. The thrombolytic effect of aspirin in animal model. J Thromb Thrombolysis. 2007 Oct; 24(2):123-9.
15. Soumendra K Karmohapatra., Kushal Chakraborty., Nighat N Kahn., and Asru K Sinha. The role of nitric oxide in the aspirin induced thrombolysis in vitro and the purification of aspirin activated nitric oxide synthase from human blood platelets. Am J Hematol. 2007; 82 (11) :986-995.
16. Soumendra K Karmohapatra., Kushal Chakraborty. Nighat N Kahn., Asru K Sinha. Aspirin induced thrombolysis in the presence of platelets. Ind. J. Physiol. Allied Sci. 2007; 60 (4): 58-71.
17. Mau Bhattacharyya., Girish G.V., Soumendra K. Karmohapatra., Samad S.A. and Asru.K.Sinha. Systemic Production of IFN-alpha by Garlic (Allium sativum) in Humans. J Interferon Cytokine Res. 2007 May; 27(5):377-82.
18. Bhattacharyya M, Soumendra K Karmahapatra, Bhattacharya G, Bhattacharya R, Sinha AK. The role of leucocytes in the acetyl salicylic acid (aspirin) induced nitric oxide synthesis in the production of interferon-alpha, a potent inhibitor of platelet aggregation and a thrombolytic agent. J Thromb Thrombolysis. 2009 Aug; 28(2):173-84.
19. Somashree Chakraborty, Gausal A. Khan, Soumendra K. Karmohapatra, Rabindra Bhattacharya, Gorachand Bhattacharya, and A. Kumar Sinha, Purification and mechanism of action of ‘‘cortexin,'' a novel antihypertensive protein hormone from kidney and its role in essential hypertension in men. J Am Soc Hypertens. 2009 3(2):119-32.
20. Kushal Chakraborty, Nehi Sinha, Girish GV, Soumendra K Karmohapatra, Gausal A Khan, Asru K Sinha. Control of hyperglycemia by nitric oxide generating foods in diabetes mellitus. Ind. J. Physiol. Allied Sci. 2007; 60 (1): 89-102.
21. "Allimin." Chakraborty K., Girish G.V., Soumendra K Karmahapatra., Kahn N.N., Sinha K.A. Submitted (APR-2004) to UniProtKB. PROTEIN SEQUENCE OF 31-65.
1. Soumendra Krishna Karmahapatra, Ragu Kanagasabai, Jason Goodspeed, Alex Klausing, Jack Yalowich.. Impact of antioxidants on myeloperoxidase (MPO)-dependent DNA damage and genotoxicity induced by etoposide (VP-16):implications for therapy-induced second malignancies. Division of Pharmacology. Ohio State University College of Pharmacy, Program of Presenting Author: Pharmacology. Columbus, OH (presenter awarded 1st prize). (This work also presented in AACR Annual Meeting 2015; April 20, 2015; Philadelphia, PA).
2. Ragu Kanagasabai, Jason Goodspeed, Soumendra Krishna Karmahapatra, Alex Klausing, Anna Skwarska,Michael Darby, Yuan Zhao, Jiang Wang, Mitchell A. Phelps, and Jack C. Yalowich. Abstract 826: Myeloperoxidase (MPO) dependency for DNA damage, genotoxicity and cytotoxicity induced by etoposide (VP-16): Implications for therapy-induced second malignancies The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH.Proceedings: AACR Annual Meeting 2014; April 5-9, 2014; San Diego, CA.
3. Jordan Woodrick1, Soumendra K Karmahapatra1, Sujata Choudhury1, Hang Yuan1, and Rabindra Roy1.Abstract 4430: Acute inflammation-induced abrogation of base excision repair as a potential mechanism of cancer initiation in inflammation-mediated hepatocarcinogenesis. Georgetown University, Washington, DC. Proceedings: AACR 103rd Annual Meeting 2012‐‐ Mar 31‐Apr 4, 2012; Chicago, IL.
4. Soumendra K Karmahapatra 1, Monica Dixon 1, Sanjay Adhikari 1, Sona Vasudevan 2, Jordan Woodrick 1, Suhani Gupta 1, Said Rahim 2, and Rabindra Roy 1 Development of a molecular probe for N-Methylpurine-DNA Glycosylase (MPG), Lombardie Research Day Poster Presented, 2013.
5. Mahandranauth A. Chetram, Jordan Woodrick, Swetha Parvathaneni, Sujata Choudhury, Soumendra K Karmahapatraand Rabindra Roy (2013) "Non-canonical Function of the DNA Repair Glycosylase, NTH1, in induction of DNA Mutation and Gene Expression" Lombardi CCC 15th Annual Research Day (1st prize winning poster).
6. Soumendra K Karmahapatra, Sanjay Adhikari, Jordan Woodrick and Rabindra Roy* Redox regulation of apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease I activity during spontaneous hepatocarcinogenesis in Long-Evans Cinnamon rats, Lombardie Research Day Poster Presented, 2012
7. Soumendra K Karmahapatra, K. Chakraborty, N. Sinha, G.V. Girish, A.K. Sinha. Nitric oxide induced fibrinolysis in vitro. 10th Erfurt Conference on Platelets. Erfurt, Germany June 20-23; 2004.
8. Ray U, Chakraborty K, Reddy G, Soumendra K Karmahapatra, Sinha N, Sinha AK. Insulin induced nitric oxide synthesis in platelets in habitual cigarette smokers. In: antioxidants and free radicals in health-nutrition and radio-protectors. Bangalore, January 11th, 2005.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume: