Visionary supply chain senior manager with 10+ years of management experience in replenishment, logistics, merchandising strategies, and vendor management, while supporting P&L monthly reporting with sales forecasting, business planning, and predicted budget impacts. Senior manager with experience in customer relationship management, identifying opportunities of integrating ecommerce, and strong ability to influence category management, strategic plans, and market strategy.
Excel at modeling, reporting, and interpreting data in a fast-paced, high stakes environment. Success in reducing inventory, expediting in-stock growth, minimizing forecast error, mitigating service level impacts, and P&L reconciliation. Analytical thinker who can articulate areas of opportunity in distribution by exploring pockets of unrealized profit and engineering go to market strategies. Proficient in leading cross-functional teams, including supply chain management, buyers, vendor management, and e-commerce partners. Skilled in formulating and executing robust revenue-oriented strategies that enhance business initiatives. Known for driving courageous conversations to achieve targets across transportation, warehousing, demand planning, as well as customer needs. Passion for continuous improvement through data driven analytics, research of industry trends, strategies inclusive of finance data, pricing, and end-to-end supply chain.
Role model to peer group by sharing knowledge of operational excellence, logistics, demand planning, and analytical tools that allow for cohesion among supply chain and all partners. Persuasive negotiations with excellent verbal communication skills and writing talent.
● Proven track record recognized as top talent / high potential (Top 10%) of Walmart associates. Awarded Q1 2019 Merchandising Award for leading efforts with a major direct store delivery (DSD) supplier that transformed DSD replenishment. Award is given to one associate per financial quarter.
● Transformed DSD replenishment through computer assisted ordering (CAO). Influenced highest Walmart and Mondelez leadership to enable partnership in brand new strategy inclusive of demand planning and live POs. Early results expedited nationwide rollout. KPI results: +100 bps sales, +280 bps in-stock, +160 bps OSCA, and -1,500 bps store inventory. Annual sales impact estimated at +$200M with inventory decline of -$156M.
● Headed execution of CAO initiative for DSD suppliers Frito-Lay, Coca-Cola, Pepperidge Farm, and Snyder's-Lance. Leveraged results to leadership negotiations resulting in $200M+ in cost savings.
● Slashed $100M of excess inventory in six months with operations research, strong attention to detail, and managing a team of 24 replenishment managers to focus on unproductive items. Directed store comms team to highlight item drivers and provided ideas for stores to increase turns.
● Influenced supply chain leadership to expedite modification of truckload optimization system in integrating manual POs for an estimated annual inventory savings of $500M.
● Management experience evidenced by pioneering removal of supplier access to PO modification. Inspired leadership of other departments to follow suit. Reduced warehouse holding costs in Walmart supply chain by -$50M and DC DOS by -1.5 days, while increasing in-stock +150 bps with improved fill rate. Utilized SQL to pull large amounts of data.
● Designed prescriptive product launches of Tate's Cookies. Invested in customer relationship and closely managed logistics to ensure an optimized supply chain with inventory in stores on time. Results exceeded sales plans by double digits. Tate's was acquired by Mondelez for $500M thereafter.
● Self-starter to institute innovative best practices to be utilized for store demos. Levied procurement policies to ensure programs were efficient and effective. Reduced excess inventory by -30% and sales increased +20-50% during demo period.
● Identified multi-million-dollar cost savings gap in SCO among Walmart retail, Walmart ecommerce, and vendors, leading to contact hierarchy documentation for all Food departments.
● Managed replenishment of $850M Take Home Candy business—the single largest desk for Hershey global (since split into 2 roles).
● Commended by senior supply chain leaders for driving fill rate improvement across US supply management by motivating demand team at Hershey HQ to change ineffective ordering process within distribution network, resulting in higher degree of confidence in Walmart forecasts, and an ability to adapt to change.
● Maximized safety stock for permanent Candy 4-Way Rack by uncovering Walmart systematic limitations. Revisions yielded +10% POS growth and improved inventory management by reducing excess inventory -20%.
● Generated $3M in incremental shipments for $53M s'mores seasonal program by optimizing inventory with weather-driven data. Upon conclusion of program, inventory down -10% and POS up +12%.
● Fostered cross-functional, collaborative relationships. Coordinated improvement in manufacturing and logistics operations across Hershey SBUs, strengthened vendor negotiations, fill rate, forecast accuracy, and market share gains.
● Created and implemented processes to improve vendor relationship management, reviews & evaluations, governance & policies, and training & onboarding, leading to a significant, measurable lift in KPIs.
● Directed IT team to redesign Hershey analytics tool for greater consistency by consulting on Walmart data reporting.
● Generated rapid instock improvement in Neutrogena cosmetics: Below goal items dropped from 106 to 16 in 6 weeks; category instock grew from 94% to 97.8%; and forecast error fell 29%
● Strengthened on-shelf availability of J&J Suncare portfolio during peak seasonal period through negotiation and developed strategy with Walmart, resulting in +$1.6M of incremental ships, maintaining lower inventory levels YOY.
● Improved CPFR-Demand communications as CPFR Lead for integrated demand planning process. Efforts enhanced total demand forecast accuracy, reducing waste and improving profit.
● Managed Walmart transition of 2014 divestures of Carefree / Stayfree and KY brands. Collaborating with Walmart and acquiring vendors to minimize service level impact. Led post-divesture plan assessment.
● Executed replenishment strategies for two $3M multi-vendor, multi-format promotions, leading to +$2M ships, +$4M POS
● J&J lead of undergraduate supply chain recruiting at the University of Tennessee leading to co-op hiring.
● Led project management of new tool for sales/promotions analysis, leading to IT development of automated report inclusive of POS trends, ships, sell-thru, and competitive landscape.
● Leadership ability acknowledged by President and Publisher, as well as VP of Sales, through two promotions in four years.
● Modeled growth plan for best-selling authors John Grisham, Eric Carle, and Harlan Coben, $25M POS/Yr.
● Created sales and marketing analysis used by executives for pitches to new leading authors and agents.
● Composed monthly, quarterly, and yearly business reviews by channel, to support direct sales and outside sales managers.
● Sales experience established upon appointment as Associate NAM to Barnes & Noble College Stores. Sales grew +25% in six months.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: