Certified Nurse Practitioner with clinical training in the adult and pediatric populations, seeking a challenging career managing acute and chronic medical conditions. Self-directed and solutions-oriented with fantastic communication skills. Proficient at analyzing patient histories and preliminary test results to build diagnosis and provide theory and research-based care to patients while facilitating their health goals.
Certified Advanced Practice Nurse - Family (AANP)
Registered Nurse - Missouri (RN)
Basic Life Support for the Healthcare provider Instructor (BLS)
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
Trauma Nurse Core Competency Certified (TNCC)
Primary Care - SSM Urgent Care Clinic - St. Louis, MO / January - February 2017
- 100 clinical hours completed under the supervision of Ronita Hayes FNP-BC
- Evaluated 20-25 patients a day (8-10 hour shifts)
- Completed detailed medical history
- Performed complete and targeted physical assessments
- Diagnose acute and chronic illnesses and provide treatment recommendations
- Minor Laceration suturing and wound care
Primary Care - Care St. Louis - Florence Hill Clinic - St. Louis, MO / February - April 2017
- 170 clinical hours completed under supervision of Latoya Woods FNP-BC
- Evaluated 15-20 patients a day (8 hour shift)
- Perform comprehensive wellness visits, health screenings, and preventive measures
- Performed problem focused assessments to determine diagnosis for acute and chronic conditions
- Performed procedures within approved scope of practice and recommended interventions
- Evaluate patient outcomes with follow-up visits and post appointment phone calls
Primary Care - Family Care Clinic - St. Louis, MO / May - June 2017
- 70 clinical hours completed under supervision of Mary Ann Sweeney FNP-BC
- Developed evidence-based plans of care, including appropriate diagnostic testing, medication management, referrals, and follow-up visits
- Performed problem focused patient histories, assessments, and interventions for acute and chronic conditions
- Interpreted lab and radiologic results and implemented appropriate treatment
- Assisted preceptor in cryosurgery procedures
Psychiatry - VA Medical Center Jefferson Barracks - St. Louis, MO / March 2017 - March 2017
- 56 clinical hours completed under supervision of Mary C. Bauer FNP-BC, PMHNP-BC
- Provide diagnostic evaluations for veterans with behavioral health challenges and barriers.
- Monitor and manage psychotropic medications to veterans with severe mental illness through an advanced and integrated assessment, diagnosis, and intervention in a collaborative practice agreement with a physician (psychiatrist).
- Provided supportive psychotherapy and coordinated the psychiatric care of veterans with focus on client-centered mental health treatment toward the goal of recovery.
- Managed medication, reviewed the treatment goals and objectives, and coordinated care with the veteran and designated family .
Psychiatry - Psychiatry Center - St. Louis, MO / July 2017- July 2017
- 25 Clinical hours completed under the supervision of Dr. Michael Banton MD Pediatric Psychiatry
- Assessed and identified psychological conditions including depression, anxiety, antisocial symptoms, and behavioral imbalances in children and adolescents.
- Monitored and provided medication management for children and adolescents with pre-existing conditions such as autism, attention deficit disorder and attention deficit and hyperactive disorder
- Provided family counseling that included explanation of disease process, treatment option, support groups, prevention, identification of triggers, and coping techniques
- Monitored Lab values and adjusted medication accordingly
- Completed follow-up assessments via phone and email 3-5 days following medication changes
Women's Health - Gateway Women's Health - St. Louis, MO / May 2017- June 2017
- 95 Clinical hours completed under supervision of Dr. Deborah Konkol, MD
- Performed comprehensive women's obstetrics and gynecological wellness exams and health screenings for mothers and newborns
- Provided women;s obstetrics and gynecological care including breast and pelvic exams, hormonal therapy, pessary removal and replacement, contraceptive counseling, visualization of IUD placement and removal, visualization of placement and removal of contraceptive implants
- Performed obstetrics wellness exams assessing fetal heart tones, fundal heights and observation of cervical dilation
- Assisted and observed in the labor and delivery process of twenty newborns
- Treated medical conditions with cost effective measure while maintaining protocol compliance
- Educated patients on preventive health
Job Titles Held: