Caring, hardworking and service-oriented Registered Nurse with 4 years of experience in both the medical surgical and emergency room departments. Well-versed in offering competent, therapeutic, empathic care for patients of all ages and health disorders. Leadership abilities as both a charge nurse, nursing educator, scheduler, and preceptor. Excellent morale and a drive to provide quality care to all patients.
• Oversaw the daycare while the manager was away.
• Interacted with children ages 6 weeks - 6 years.
• Maintained a safe play environment.
• Dressed children and changed diapers.
• Communicated with children's parents or guardians about daily activities, behaviors, and related issues.
• Sanitized toys and play equipment.
• Kept records on individual children, including daily observations and information about activities, meals served, and medications administered.
• Supported children's emotional and social development, encouraging understanding of others and positive self-concept.
• Assisted in preparing food and serving meals and refreshments to children.
• Instructed children in health and personal habits, such as easting, resting, and toilet habits.
• Read to children and taught them simple painting, drawing, handicrafts, and songs.
• Prepared lesson plans and presented them to children.
• Redirected poor behavior by using the positive reinforcement method.
• Received payment by cash, check, credit cards, or automatic debits.
• Issued receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
• Assisted customers by providing information and resolving their complaints.
• Counted money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amount was correct and there was adequate change.
• Greeted customers entering establishment.
• Maintained a clean and orderly checkout area and completed other general cleaning duties, such as mopping floors and emptying trash cans.
• Requested information or assistance using paging systems.
• Weighed items sold by weight to determine price.
• Checked with customers to ensure that they were enjoying their meals and took action to correct any problems.
• Collected payments from customers.
• Wrote patient's food order on order slips, memorized orders, and entered orders in computers for transmission to kitchen staff.
• Served food or beverages to patrons, and prepared or served specialty dishes at tables as required.
• Presented menus to patrons and answered questions about menu items.
• Cleaned tables and counters after patrons had finished dining.
• Informed customers of daily specials.
• Removed dished and glasses from tables or counters, taking them to the kitchen for cleaning.
• Assisted host or hostess by answering phones to take reservations or to-go orders and by greeting, seating, and thanking guests.
• Performed cleaning duties, such as sweeping and mopping floods, tidying up server station, taking out trash, or checking and cleaning bathroom.
• Escorted customers to their tables.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: