Registered nurse with 3 years of experience providing clinical care to a variety of patients. Highly organized and able to multitask while allowing nursing staff to work together toward positive results. Effectively coordinated patient care during staff shortages and dealt appropriately with patient concerns and family anxieties. Offered assistance with complex medical issues and provided caring patient interaction.
6. Professional Implications:
1. Delivers care.
· Performs assigned nursing care according to Facility policy and plan-of-care.
· Prioritize care to meet care needs to achieve desired outcome.
· Reports information that contributes to the RN's assessment of the physical, psychological and spiritual dimensions of the resident.
· Obtains data from the patient/resident/family/significant other, to assist the RN in the formulations, development, implementation, and on-going revision of the plan-of-care order to meet desired outcomes.
2. Adheres to the scope of practice and follows reporting and escalating procedures.
· Performs within the scope of practice of the Licensed Practical Nurse.
· Follows process of escalation to the appropriate person(s).
· Uses knowledge of the reporting mechanism.
3. Administers prescribed medications and IV fluids as directed by the registered nurse.
· Administers po/enteral, IM, suppositories, and subcutaneous medications, as directed by an RN.
· Uses knowledge of the medication to be administered including it's actions, therapeutic effects, adverse actions, allergies, etc.
· Administers and documents medications per protocol.
· Replaces IV bags/bottles of unmedicated and medicated fluids providing it is not the initial dose.
· Administers, witnesses, and signs-out narcotics when removed from locked cabinet.
· Monitors IV therapy flow rates, including IV fluids with medications.
· Changes Tub Feed according to policy and procedure.
· Flushes intermittent IV devices with solutions to maintain potency.
· Cares for IV sites.
4. Engages in general activities and duties involving the provision of quality nursing care.
· Participates in nursing reports by receiving and contributing to the status reports.
· Establishes and maintains professional relationships with patients/residents, visitors, and other personnel while assuring confidentiality of information.
· Completes assignments without interference to quality of work.
· Adapts to changes in workload and resident assignment.
· Recognizes and responds to priorities in care.
· Makes rounds, anticipates needs and answers call lights.
· Maintains a safe and clean environment by leaving rooms in order, reporting disabled equipment, cleaning equipment, distributing unit linen and supplies.
· Assists staff in delivery of more complex treatments and procedures.
· Responds to emergency and crisis situation.
· Orients new nursing assistants.
5. Follows Facility policy with documentation.
· Participates in the evaluation of the patient/resident's care by documenting in the patient/resident care record and reporting outcomes to the RN.
· Documents nursing care, nursing action, and implementation in the patient/resident care record.
· Utilizes and updates care plans using appropriate methods of documentation to reflect the patient/resident's status.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: