Im a very upbeat business leader and I will always put my team first no matter what. As a motivated Regional Vice President enthusiastic about growing the business by providing exceptional leadership as well as first-rate skills in making key decisions, solving complex problems and coordinating improvements. Familiar with market conditions and customer acquisition strategies. Results-oriented, quality-driven and forward-thinking manager.
The Regional Vice President, overseers a region on behalf of a company and implements strategic sales for their team. In addition to overseeing; they're also responsible for leading, guiding, and communicating with clients and executive leaders. I personally did lots of marketing through my social media platform to help promote the importance of life insurance. It is a basic fundamental need for humans, if cars by law need car insurance. Why not by law all human by law get life insurance. Funeral expenses are very high, Cost of living exponentially increases overtime, and yet no one is willing to invest into life insurance. In America it's really about being financially intelligent.
Aside from marketing and implementing the importance of life insurance. I'm also a great mentor in my company, I taught over 200 agents:
- How to approach sales
- How to answer phone calls with clients
- How to respond to underwriters questions from different insurance company
- How to respond to medical lab work that's needed for a client.
-How to write paper mails and how to respond through email.
- How to deliver life insurance policies.
- How to sell through zoom/online call.
- How to make a sales appointment with a client
- How to use microsoft words, excel sheet, and slide shows.
- How to market yourself and the company.
- How to navigate through the company's website and using the carriers' life insurance illustrators.
- Psychological reasoning to diplomatic reasoning
- Teaching the law of attraction
- Formulating how you could make 6 figures through selling life insurance.
- The importance of self-love and widening your dreams/goals.
- How to fax paperworks through printers.
- Understanding the importance of communication
- How to cancel life insurance policies
- Understanding company guidelines and protocol
- How to keep a organized client profile; either they're buying or thinking of buying.
- How to write checks, accept paper copies of bank information.
- How to calculate your income by the amount of policies you sold.
- Determining a client's budget through the need analysis.
- Understanding and knowing all types of life insurances policies.
- Having a clear readability skill on life insurance policies.
- Why you need a positive-upbeat attitude when it comes to interacting with co-workers and clients.
- How to build strategic-healthy relationships with your clients.
- Why you should compare our life insurance product with your client's purchased product.
- How to receive your state life insurance license.
- How to get a contract to sell other life insurance company's product.
- Reconstructing team's sell skill
- One on one sales appointment skit.
- Life insurance history 101
- Company history 101
- Enforcing the company's vision and goal; how can we help the community and it's people.
- Customer service skills 101
- Throwing charity events that promotes the company
- How to increase your phone calls
Usually if a team member is behind on their goals. I would create personal workshops that is best suited for them. I'd do anything to help them improve and would go the long distance to get them to the company's standard. I really enjoy educating and informing life insurance product to clients/ team member as well as sharing the company's vision with my team.
Supervisor: Dr. Tong T. Xiong
Phone Number: 715-212-8248
Supervisor: Duongchai Senethavisouk (Joy)
Phone Number: 414-759-7825
The things I did as Personal Care assistant.
I worked as a Personal Care Assistant to take care of my client. while simultaneously running my life insurance business. I would wake up at 6 am; go to his house and prepare his thai-lao cuisines for an hour. After finishing cooking, I would prepare his medicine and stay after my required work hours to keep him accompanied because I knew my client has experienced abandonment and loneliness. I didn't mind keeping him accompanied because I was also learning from him. Then it became a repetitive daily routine for me to take care of his needs and wants. Eventually I had to resign from being a caretaker because I was promoted to a different position in my life insurance business. I enjoyed taking care of this wonderful old man.
Ceo: Brandon Vang
Phone Number: 414-331-8125
New Leaf Home Care LLC Office Number: 262-505-6104
A Woodman Bagger is partnered up with a cashier, their job is to quickly bag the scanned or purchased items in an organized manner on behalf of the customer.
A Woodman cart pusher's job is to push shopping carts in an organized row into the building's tunnel; whenever customers are entering the store, they may grab the shopping carts that are nearby the store's entrance.
I enjoyed the fast paced environment and socializing with customers whether they wanted paper or plastic bags for their items. I did more than just ask what they wanted, I also asked how their day is going as a way to greet them. Majority of my encounters with customers at Woodman were very excellent. All customers always commented on my red rosy cheeks, it would flatter me. Strangely, I never spoke up about customers squeezing my red cheeks. Overall, bagging and pushing carts was the most simplest job to do in the whole market. My reason for leaving is new found opportunity.
Woodman Clerical (Ask for manager)
Phone Number: 262-415-4001
Manga Club's main product was the japanese curry. Which was very easy to make but hard to sell because it wasn't as appealing to Chinese cuisines.
Aside from being in clubs, I was active as a youth and until present day as a volunteer in the Milwaukee community. I helped clean the community and promoted positive workshops.
Office Number: (414) 344-6575
Director: Lo Neng
Director's phone number:
Address: 3824 W Vliet St, Milwaukee,Eggrolls8
(June 2011- present)
Occupation: Youth leader, LGBT Promoter, and food drive representative
Anti-bully Event sponsored by HAFA 2012
Self love workshops sponsored by HAFA 2016
Domestic Abuse projects eggrolls by HAFA 2015
Wisconsin 2016 kalahari teen summit resort
Mental Health Project sponsored by HAFA 2019
LGBT awareness project currently lead by (Yeng Tha Vue)
Safe and sound project play sponsored by HAFA 2011
Anti Asian Hate Crime Awareness lead by (Yeng Tha Vue)
This is the place that built my leadership, critical thinking, problem solving, communications, negotiating skills that all led me to my business path to help the Milwaukee Community.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: