Multi-faceted Program Direcrtor-Clinical offering exceptional talents in outpatient ambulatory Wound Care Center/Hyperbarics. Natural leader with proven problem solving skills and well-versed in multi-tasking to achieve challenging goals. Proactive and hardworking professional bringing 15 years of nursing experience in pursuing a new leadership role with Kadlec Clinics.
Manages the Center's Operations
- Oversees the day-to-day management of outpatient wound care center and hyperbarics.
- Continuous assessment of current clinic flows, processes and procedures, identifies areas of improvement and develops and implements best practices and appropriate changes to improve outcomes.
- Works with hospital and company personnel to ensure availability of adequate resources, supplies, equipment and services.
- Facilitates the flow of information and maximizes effective communication throughout the program.
- Prioritizes responsibilities and directs the work of the Center's clinical staff and non-clinical staff.
- Collaborates with other health care providers across the wound care continuum, Wound Care Centers Providers and Medical Director regarding clinic and patient needs.
Manages direct reports in conjunction with the company and hospital HR departments. - This includes interviewing, hiring, motivating, coaching, counseling establishing performance expectations and conducting performance reviews.
Performs Financial Management
- Manages and coordinates the revenue cycle for Healogics and for the hospital partner as appropriate.
- Manages Wound Care and hyperbaric insurance authorizations. Knowledgeable of current ICD-10 codes and CPT-4 codes for wound care E&M codes and procedural codes.
- Stays current with reimbursement changes, providing physicians and staff updates and education as needed.
- Reviews key financial reports, identifies key indicator trends and develops plans to implement best practices to ensure fiscal responsibility.
- Manages cost through appropriate utilization and management of labor and supply across the wound care continuum.
- Works with the Helaogics support team to complete financial reviews and presents results to hospital leadership.
Manages Community Education/Marketing functions
- Works directly with the hospital and Healogics marketing departments to ensure that the wound care program has established strategic marketing plans and works with the same group and the hospital physician liaison to plan, coordinate,and execute activities directed toward increasing patient referrals to the Wound Care Center.
- Works collaboratively as a part of a multi-functional team, to est determine key target referral sources, develops a systematic approach to build those customer relationships and increase Wound Care Center referrals.
Manages Quality Performance Improvement functions
- Implements and manages a continuous Wound Care Center improvement program and strives to meet Wound Care Center quality indicators.
- Participates in hospital committees as appropriate and ensures timely and accurate documentation in the patient record and outcomes database.
-Monitors patient, referring physician and customer satisfaction.
Manages clinical functions
- Is responsible for coordination the clinical activities and directing the work of the clinical staff. This includes patient care planning and implementation, and working on patient care quality improvement.
- As needed, serves as case manager to a group of wound care patients, to include specific assessments and direct patient care according to protocols and procedures, clinical competence in procedural skills, treatments, and patient /caregiver education related to wound care management.
- Performs hyperbaric related duties, as needed and maintains safety and compliance measures.
- Maintains excellent relationship with the hospital client and continuously seeks to understand needs, confirm goal alignment and demonstrate value proposition. Identifies the hospital strategic goals and objectives and manages the program to achieve those goals, while remaining compliant with all Healogics operations standards. Works effectively and seamlessly at all levels within the partner hospital. Participates in hospital department management meetings and actively participates in hospital communication activities.
- Builds and develops effective working relationships with wound care program providers, clinical and support staff. Encourages all program staff to provide excellent customer service to members of other hospital departments.
Case Management with the formulation of patient specific care plans, including patient and family education and discharge planning. Interdisciplinary care in collaboration with PT, OT, ST, MSW, office staff, MD's, IV companies and wound care clinics.
Office Charge nurse duties include (9 years experience)
- Intake of all referrals. Managing, scheduling, supervising and assisting the nursing staff.
- Provide administrative support and patient care.
- Update physicians with patients status and concern.
- Recognize changes to patient's conditions and taking appropriate action.
- Perform medications administration including high risk IV's ie: Prolastin-C, Genotropin and Factor VIII to hemophiliac patient's. Peg tube feeding administration, assessment and teaching. Monitoring equipment and patency. IV administration teaching to families or care givers. Maintaining PICC, mid-line and broviac central lines, maintain supra pubic and Foley catheters. Blood draws per central line and phlebotomy. Wound care specialist with management of acute and chronic wounds, including appropriate and cost effective wound care dressing changes and coordination with wound vac companies or other appropriate treatments. Ostomy care including ileostomy and colostomy management and teaching. Preceptor to many new hires. WSU nursing student tutor twice a year for 11 weeks in their last rotation to Community Health before graduation.
Pediatrics Nurse with floating to step down NICU and post partum
- Formulation of nursing care plans for children that are suffering form a wide range of conditions, working with a multidisciplinary team including doctors, therapists, and MSW's. Floating Pediatric nurse to the OB and NICU department including couplet postpartum care and step down NICU baby care.
- Before and after care of surgeries
- Strict hand washing techniques
- Treating wounds
- Administrating/monitoring medications, blood transfusion, infections and IV infusions
- Supervision of nurse techs
- Tutoring nursing students
- Organizing/ triaging work loads
- Assessment of vital signs including monitoring of SAO2 and heart monitors
- Teaching and education to family and care givers
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: