Master's prepared nursing professional offering proven clinical knowledge, natural interpersonal strengths and technical abilities. Advanced knowledgeable about EMR charting/workflow, medication administration and interdisciplinary collaboration focused on optimizing patient care and support. Quality-focused and efficiency-driven leader.
1.Assist Physicians and other peri operative specialists with pediatric outpatient surgery procedures.
2. Prepared patients for surgery, educating patients and family members on surgical procedures.
3. Manage care for post-operative patients from initial recovery through discharge.
4. Manage various patient access sites: (Inserted, managed, and removed Patient IV's, Port access/dressing changes, and medication and blood administration.
5. Helpmanage tracheostomies, gastrostomy buttons and catheters regularly prior to surgical procedures.
6. Develop strategies to target nursing and patient satisfaction issues, improve response and patient care quality and suggest actionable improvements to promote hospital-wide quality and safety initiatives .
7. Deliver medications via oral, IV and intramuscular injections, monitoring responses to address new concerns prior to surgery.
(ex: Versed, Fentanyl, etc.)
8. Teach patients/families how to improve lifestyle choices, dramatically reducing chance of symptom reoccurrence.
9. Collaborate with interdisciplinary healthcare personnel to meet patients' personal, physical, psychological and cognitive needs (i.e. Physicians, Child Life Specialists, Social Work, physical therapy, nutrition etc.)
10. Organized and managed care of patients undergoing various therapies and procedures, including (but not limited to) cardiac, neurology, dental, gynecological, ENT, orthopedics, IR, general surgery, pulmonology etc.
11. Evaluated healthcare needs, goals for treatment and available resources of each patient and connected to optimal providers and care.
12. Manage pediatric patients recovering from medical or surgical procedures, including facilitating wound care, ostomy care, pressure ulcer prevention and pain management.
13. Evaluated patients' pain levels utilizing age appropriate pain scales to implement correct dosint of medication to alleviate discomfort.
14. Promote patient and family comfort during challenging recoveries to enhance healing and eliminate non-compliance problems.
15. Partner with physicians, social workers, Child Life therapists, nutritionists and case managers to develop and implement individualized care plans and documented all patient interactions and interventions in electronic charting systems.
16. Adhered to strict safety measures by carefully determining proper dosages before administering medications.
17. Collected blood, tissue and other laboratory specimens and prepared for lab testing prior to scheduled procedure.
18. Review post-operative orders and continuously monitor patients' post-operative vitals, set up PCA and fluids and oriented patients to PACU unit to achieve optimal outcomes.
19. Educate and provide procedure specific discharge instructions to patients and families prior todischarge.
18. Evaluate patient/parent acceptance of information and answer any questions about health condition, prognosis and treatment.
1.Analyzed electronic health records to identify areas for care improvement and cost reduction.
2.Standardized clinical documentation protocols by implementing and optimizing innovative and evidence based system workflows and data tracking systems for AHN's Women's Health Institute.
3. Implemented healthcare technologies such as systems for patient status monitoring, quality tracking and home care management.
4. Worked closely with Women's Health subject matter expert (OBGYN Clinical Physician Director) to develop solutions and improvements for clinical systems and other grant-funded projects impacting Women's Health Providers, staff and patients.
5. Worked with product engineering/IT Analyst teams to define clinical requirements and assist with creating test scripts and testing within POC, TST, and Support environments prior to go live.
6. Managed digitization of paper records by transitioning various practices from paper documentation to electronic medical documentation.
7. Served as liaison between end-users and health IT team to ensure successful implementation and optimization needs.
8. Served medical subject matter expert (women's health) by providing expert knowledge and data to improve IT systems and functions for Women's Health.
9. Researched and validated clinical data for specific specialty implementations/projects (I.e. postpartum depression, Reproductive Endocrine and Infertility specialty implementation, postpartum hemorrhage, neonatal hospice, cervical cytology tracking etc. grant funded project initiatives)
10. Evaluated and optimized clinical software, applying established and end-user feedback.
Identified issues, analyzed information and provided solutions to problems.
11. Managed quality assurance program, including on-site evaluations, internal audits and customer surveys.
12. Provided just in time education demonstrations (virtual, in person, and tip-sheet distribution) for new workflows and system upgrades.
13. Delivered project deliverables to assigned customer locations within specific/defined timeframes.
14. Increased customer satisfaction by resolving system/specialty-related documentation/functionality issues when on call and addressing specialty specific IT tickets.
15. Improved clinical documentation and provider/clinical staff buy- in through consistent hard work and dedication to system evaluations, end user feedback,
16. Participated in developing and updating health information systems and interfaces within Epic.
17. and optimization of Women's Health system functionality, innovative workflow development, and billing systems improvement.
Demonstrated respect, friendliness and willingness to help wherever needed.
18. Participated in extracurricular working groups for innovative workflow surrounding timely documentation needs including medical marijuana, Sexual orientation and gender Identification documentation and system upgrade initiatives.
19. Implemented over 16 practices and hospital acquisitions.
Licensed Registered Nurse, PA (#RN622995)
CPR Certification (renewed March 2021)
Scheduled for PALS renewal (approx July 2021)
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: