Self driven and highly motivated with several years of experience in Quantitative Research including quantitative modeling, econometric analysis, statistical analysis, model development, large data analysis. My work, both in Finance and Engineering has been based on the development, application, and testing of quantitative models. Excellent analytical/critical thinking and problem solving skills. Strong written and oral communication.
Proficient in R, SAS, SQL, C++, Fortran, VBA
Advanced Modeling Skills
Project Management Experience
Critical Thinking Skills
Complex Problem Solving Skills
Superior Research Skills
Excellent Written and Oral Communication
Conduct research in Finance, specifically asset pricing and econometric modeling. Current work includes: 1) Do tax revenues Reduce Agency Costs and Increase Hospital Efficiency? Empirical Evidence from Washington State - conducted using Maximum Entropy Econometrics, 2) Return Distributions under GARCH Process with Sentiment Measures 3) Market Sentiment and its Effects on Stock Returns 4) A State-Space Model for Investor Sentiment and 5) Herding in Option Pricing Models – A State Space Approach.
Taught MBA and Undergraduate Classes in Investments, Financial Markets and Institutions, Bank Financial Management, Introduction to Financial Management
Taught MBA and Undergraduate Classes in Financial Modeling, Strategic Business Problem Solving, Working Capital Management
Principal Investigator on projects for the development of mathematical models for life prediction of Nuclear Waste containers for the Yucca Mountain Nuclear Waste Repository (sponsored by DOE). Taught classes in engineering to graduate and undergraduate students.
Worked on the development of mathematical models for life prediction of turbine engines blades for US Air Force fighter jets.
1) Namjoshi Shantanu, McPherson Matthew Q, and Friesner Dan, Do tax revenues Reduce Agency Costs and Increase Hospital Efficiency? Empirical Evidence from Washington State, Global Business and Finance Review, Vol 17, Issue 2, Fall 2012, pp 137-160
2) S. A. Namjoshi and K. Hickman, The Impact of Morningstar Five-Star Ratings, Journal of the Academy of Finance, Summer 2010
3) Namjoshi Shantanu, Market Sentiment and its Effects on Stock Returns, 2nd International Conference on Emerging Trends in Finance & Accounting, August 9-10, 2013, SDM Institute for Management Development, Mysore, India.
4) Namjoshi Shantanu, Return Distributions under GARCH Process with Sentiment Measures, 2014 MBAA International Conference, Chicago IL, March 2014
5) Namjoshi Shantanu, A State-Space Model for Investor Sentiment, In Progress
6) Namjoshi Shantanu, Herding in Option Pricing Models – A State Space Approach, In Progress
7) K.S. Raja, S. A. Namjoshi, and M. Misra, Improved Corrosion Resistance of Ni-22Cr-13Mo-4W Alloy by Surface Nanocrystallization Materials Letters, 59 (2005) 570-574.
8) S. Mall, S.A. Namjoshi, and W.J. Porter, Effects of Microstructure on Fretting Fatigue Crack Initiation Behavior of Ti-6Al-4V, Materials Science and Engineering A 383 (2004) 334–340
9) Namjoshi S. & Mall S., Fretting behavior of Ti-6Al-4V under combined high cycle and low cycle fatigue loading, The International Journal of Fatigue 23 (2001) S455-S461.
10) Namjoshi S.A., Thadhani N.N., Modeling The Reaction Synthesis Of Shock-Densified Titanium-Silicon Powder Mixture Compacts, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B, vol. 31B, no. 2, pp. 307-316B, Apr. 2000.
11) Royal T.E., Namjoshi S.A., Thadhani N.N., Mechanistic Processes Influencing Shock-Chemistry in Powder Mixtures of the Ti-Si, Ti-Al, and Ti-B Systems, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, vol. 27A, no. 7, pp. 1761-1771, July 1996
Graduated: 1 PhD. student (2005), 1 M.S. student (2004)
- J. C. Lacombe, K. S. Raja, S. A. Namjoshi, M. Misra et al., “Methods for Fabrication of Porous Metal Templates and Growth of Carbon Nanotubes and Utilization Thereof,” US 20050276743 A1
- K. Paramguru, K. S. Raja, S. A. Namjoshi, M. Misra, “Method of Forming Nanoporous Surfaces and Coating Bioceramic on the Nanoporous Surfaces,” patent application pending, May 2004.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: