Skilled Ophthalmic assistant with over 30 years in comprehensive eye care, including refractive and contact lens services, evaluation and treatment of ocular pathology and pre and post-op surgical co-management. Exceptional eye care professional with keen ability to assess customer needs, meet quality standards and evaluate customer satisfaction. Highly motivated and patient. Successfully builds and maintains positive rapport with clients.
- Primary surgical assistant for 20-30 surgeries weekly (including LASIK, Chalazion, Skin Tags, Retinal Detachment Repair & other minor surgeries)
- Responsible for administering injectable dye for Angiograms and Visudyne for PDT Laser Treatments
- Responsible for patient education during pre & post-surgery for a wide variety of operations
- Maintain accurate & concise documentation of patient & doctor interactions using MedFlow EMR for 40 - 50 patients daily
- Managed the office administration of the Eye Drop Program
- Managed inventory of surgical supplies & medical samples
- Managed general office administration duties including account payables, receivables, collections, insurance billing and dictation
- Responsible for employee schedules, payroll & payroll taxes
- Responsible for office marketing, advertising and promotions
- Assisted in various surgical procedures at hospital including cataract surgery, retinal detachments
- Recorded medical history, visual acuity, refraction, Ultrasound A-Scan & B-Scan, topography, keratometry, Humphrey field analyzer, depth perception, color vision, muscle balance and additional testing on adults and children.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held:
© 2019, Bold Limited. All rights reserved.