Accuracy-driven Office Specialist experienced serving clerical needs in ODOC settings with tireless focus on performance optimization and team needs. Positive and upbeat team player with comprehensive knowledge of clerical needs and file management. Excellent communication and prioritization skills.
· Identified and reviewed roadblocks to desired updates and developed possible resolutions.
· Created master spreadsheet to record procedures, denials and approvals, and find the problems in our previous system for getting ODOC ID cards issued.
· Provided excellent service and attention to customers when face-to-face or through phone conversations.
· Work as the lead staff wellness trainings throughout the state in our Mindfulness based wellness and resiliency (MBWR) program.
· Work with the volunteer services team to trouble shoot the ID card process for both contractors and volunteers. Generate at a glance flow charts of the updated process that now includes meeting Criminal Justice Information system (CJIS) requirements prior to giving ID cards.
· Detected potential threats and quickly defused conflicts.
· Completed Incident command system (ICS) protocols during emergency situations.
· Monitored daily activities to identify and manage suspicious behavior, improper conduct and signs of conflict.
· Employed de-escalation techniques, verbal commands and implemented defensive tactics and physical restraints to maintain safety and security to address unruly AICs in a maximum-security prison.
· Maintained daily logs of shift activity.
· Supported management with maintaining and explaining policies, rules and regulations to the AIC population as well as assisted in training new staff.
· Operate Microsoft outlook daily and complete data entry regarding reports.
· Periodically inspect the facilities, checking cells and other areas of the institution for unsanitary conditions, contraband, fire hazards, and any evidence of rule infractions.
· Routinely inspect locks, window bars, grilles, doors, and gates for signs of tampering.
· Inspect mail and visitors for prohibited items.
· Assist Oregon State Police during investigations and maintain crime scene documentation.
Job Titles Held: