COMPUTER SKILLS * Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) * Experience with SAP, iTrac, Sharepoint, Oracle, GLCM, AS400, JBA, FAS, LEX, Warrior-A/R, PeopleSoft, ADP, Kronos, Lawson, Concur, Contempus, Transact AP, Hyperion Enterprise, Essbase and HFM Systems. SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS * Train and serve as a mentor to coworkers and subordinates. * Goal oriented with the ability to multi-task under time constraints. * Thrives on values and ethics, demonstrates throughout work performance.
* Supervise month end close process for division with $60M in revenue
* Manage three staff accountants and two senior accountants
* Reconciliation and journal entry review
* Analyze basis for accrued liabilities and ensure proper methodology is used
* Complete staff performance reviews and assist with employee development
* Ensure SOX binder accuracy and completion
* Liaison between corporate and Northern California and Pacific Northwest Division Teams
* Coordinate a monthly continuous improvement meeting with division staff
* Variance analysis reporting
* Sales audit and completion review
* Customer deposit reconciliation
* Contingent job cost reconciliation and absorption
* Commission calculation and reporting
* Review House Closings
* Responsible for Homeowner Portal revenue recognition and billing
* Activates council member and employee recognition program chair
* Risk and opportunity reporting
* Review and approve all area spend
* Work with area directors to manage $180 million budget
* Oversee and review financial position for all capital projects
* Manage manufacturing financial analyst
* Involved with SAP system development integrating the capital process * Assist supporting areas with business case completion and spend requests
* Present financial statements monthly to CIO and direct reports
* Mange Asia Pacific IT budget growth and integration
* Assist in Global business needs by identifying tax implications and designing a best practices matrix for global business endeavors
* Create process for global statement of work, addressing legal needs and bottlenecks
* Organized and designed a spending toolkit to assist with spending questions and concerns
(January 2012 to December 2012) * Manage Cost Accountant, AP/AR and Payroll Analyst
* Responsible for month end close progress and completion
* Review and approve journal entries and reconciliations
* Prepare monthly forecast
* Assisted with automation of month end journal entry load
* Weekly scrap and on hand adjustment review
* Performed Physical Inventory - Assistant Inventory Champion
* Review and resolve A/R and A/P exceptions * Annual budget preparation and consolidation * Maintain and reconcile fixed assets using FAS Sage Systems * Coordinate Fixed Asset Inventory * Utilize the P.A.R. process to ensure capital projects are within their applicable budget and on schedule according to program planning * Maintenance and preparation of SOX Self Monitoring program * Freight audit and analysis resulting in recovery of $27K * Manage payroll process and dispute resolution
* Prepare quarterly reporting package
* Variance Walk Reporting
* Assist with internal/external audit preparation Coordinated division office month end close * Prepare, write and analyze journal entries
* Track and analyze T&E expense monthly
* Prepare and analyze account reconciliations
* Month End Hyperion Consolidation
* Assisted with freight spend reduction initiative
* Prepare department schedules for budgeting and financial analysis
* Assist in external audit preparation
* Utilize the P.A.R. process to ensure projects are within their appropriate budget
* Maintained Fixed Asset Sub-ledger including asset additions, disposals, transfers, and impairments
* Coordinate Fixed Asset Inventory
* Maintenance and preparation of SOX Self Monitoring program
* Provide analytical reports for Quarterly Reporting Package
* Perform operational, Compliance and financial audits. (Required 75% US and International travel)
* Assist in writing and implementation of SOX programs and key controls/objectives.
* Prepare company for necessary compliance before filing IPO
* Assist KPMG with external audits and review.
* Write standard operating procedures for various departments throughout the organization.
* Lead Sarbanes Oxley Compliance, Financial and Physical Inventory Audits in US and Canada.
* Assist in writing and implementation of SOX programs and key controls.
* Manage fluctuation analysis and account detail reporting.
2001 - 2005 Western Michigan University Kalamazoo, MI B.A., Business Administration
Major: Accounting and Human Resources
Honors - Member of Alpha Lambda Delta, Phi Sigma Theta and Order of Omega Honor Society
Affiliation - Alpha Omicron Pi
Audit, Budget, Journal, Month End Close, Sarbanes Oxley, Sarbanes-oxley (sox), Sox, Asset Inventory, Fixed Asset, Inventory, Maintenance, Reconciliations, A/p, A/r, Accountant, Ap, Ap/ar, Ar, Budget Preparation, Exceptions, Fas, Fixed Assets, Payroll, Progress, Financial Analyst, Account Reconciliations, Budgeting, Financial Analysis, Hyperion, Accounting, Human Resources, Audits, Masters Of Business Administration, Mba, And Account, Filing, Financial Audits, Ipo, Adp, As400, Essbase, Excel, Jba, Kronos, Lawson, Mentor, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Sharepoint, Ms Office, Oracle, Outlook, Peoplesoft, Powerpoint, Red Cross, Sharepoint, Word, Best Practices, Business Case, Finance, Financials, Integration, Integrator, Million, Sap, Sow, Statement Of Work, System Development, Absorption, Basis, Billing, Closings, Continuous Improvement, Financial Services, Job Cost, Liaison, Reconciliation, Sales, Variance Analysis
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: