A highly effective, committed, and self-motivated business professional in the payroll industry. Possesses exceptional time management, organizational, and leadership skills. Highly perceptive and very detail oriented. Effectively handles simultaneous projects, easily meets deadlines, and works well under pressure. Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills with a strong customer focus and an innate ability to establish exceptional internal and external relations.
• Manage, coordinate, and process weekly, bi-weekly, and semi-monthly payroll for 14,000 U.S. employees. Confirm payroll team has entered all inputs and adjustments prior to final processing. Prepare, audit, and analyze payroll reports to review and identify errors, confirm pay, and ensure accurate payroll processing. Heavy analysis of payroll audit reports.
• Process off-cycle payroll runs. Send funding requests to corporate cash management. Send ACH funding via file uploads. Send positive pay files to bank. Send bank reports to corporate cash management, pull bank reports, manage direct deposit returns.
• Add special pay inputs. Review and input semi-monthly severance agreements. Process off-cycle check requests. Print and ship checks/vouchers to the U.S. markets for distribution to the employees. Implemented new printing/shipping procedures.
• Create monthly payroll reports including union reporting and uploads.
• Train and guide payroll team. Direct liaison and support between market finance managers. Work directly with payroll tax, accounting, and legal departments to answer and work through payroll related issues. Work closely with HRIS and HRIT regarding payroll updates and uploads. Provide needed reports. Research and resolve payroll issues. Answer employee questions including time keeping issues.
• Participate in Sox compliance audits.
• Attend meetings between various departments. Attend Workday update meetings, research, and test new Workday functions.
• Integral role in company divestiture setup and training new payroll department.
• Identify areas for process improvement and provide solutions for improved and efficient processes. Identified process and audit gaps along with pay issues and implemented solutions. Documented and created PowerPoint payroll processing guides. Created more efficient auditing processes and audit reports.
• Successfully researched, tested, and implemented Workday function, which reduced payroll processing time from 90 to 25 minutes.
• Effectively lead payroll team and provide comprehensive management support while overseeing the daily production of payroll for 600 clients to include a limited number of multi-state. Leadership duties include distribution of work, time management support, guidance, problem-solving, and motivation while ensuring the consistent delivery of accurate and timely service to our clients.
• Processing of complex payroll and backup to payroll specialist duties. Accurate packaging and shipping of daily payroll workload.
• Setup of client specific pays, deductions, accruals, processing schedules, and g/l accounts.
• End of day processing and file uploads.
• Quarter end /year-end tax processing. Sort and distribute TWC, 941, and 940 reports. Input TWC payments each quarter. Answer and research tax related inquiries. Manage quarter and year-end processing including distribution of W-2's to all clients. Assist tax department as needed.
• Effectively train, manage, and develop payroll specialist team. Assist with staffing to include resume review and interviewing.
• Created payroll specialist daily procedures handbook and established processing guidelines and systems. Continually monitor procedures and develop and implement new processes as needed.
• Assist owners with special projects. Participate in company meetings and generate ideas and solutions.
• Vital role in the successful integration of approximately 200 clients from a competitor purchase.
• Provide excellent customer service. Point of contact customer issues/disputes. Assist and train clients on various software solutions. Create and provide requested client reports.
• Process payroll for 300 clients using various submission types such as time keeping systems, pay-sheets, worksheets, software uploads, and various other methods.
• Enter employee information in payroll software. Processed employee information updates, pay rates, deductions including wage garnishments, 401(k), advances, and accrual information.
• Update and maintain client information in payroll software.
• Prepare requested reports and research and resolve client inquiries.
• Provide excellent customer service. Answered telephone, respond to client emails.
• Packing and shipping payroll to clients.
• Assist with quarter and year-end processing.
• Setup all accounts in QuickBooks Pro for the start of a new company. Maintained,
updated, added, and deleted ledger accounts as necessary for a business generating $950,000.00 in annual sales.
• Performed all book-keeping duties to include bi-weekly payroll for 30+ employees, completed all payroll liability reports, and payments to include quarterly TWC and 941 reports, and annual 940. Processed and distributed W-2's for 75+ employees. Completed and electronically reported, and paid monthly sales tax, created and distributed invoices, entered all sales, made bank deposits, and responsible for all accounts receivables and payables. Generated all company and financial reports.
• Created and updated weekly accounts receivables and sales spreadsheets.
• Performed H/R duties including new-hire paperwork, maintenance of employee files, and health insurance.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: