A proactive business consultant with over four years of experience in the federal contracting space and a master's degree in Program Management. Currently, manages the Department of State (DOS), Diplomatic Pouch and Mail Program processes for 240 embassies, posts, and consulates. Assists DOS clients with day to day operations, including system functionality enhancement requiring implementation, managing embassy personnel needs, and acting as a liaison between all foreign diplomats and Freight Forwarders. Along with this, leads a team of 5 analysts that are allocated for this project to identify issues and refine logistics support to reflect design enhancements that will resolve system concerns. Furthermore, in the previous role, has led communications development and training sessions for 150 Posts (Embassies) and 17 Bureaus, translating to over 2000 users who benefited from this change. Assists organizations to optimize and streamline processes to enable improvements to efficiency, productivity, and revenue generation. Successfully drives organizational change through research, optimization, and systems development. Overall, a dedicated consultant with in-depth understanding, in program management, and all facets from marketing to operations, and seeking a new long-term position with room for advancement.
• Led risk management effort for all embassies affected by COVID-19 in regards to pouch shipments
• Managed and organized the $5M increased contingency budget allotted for the program to handle all COVID-19 efforts
• Manages the Diplomatic Pouch and Mail Program budget for 240 embassies, posts, and consulates valued at $15M
• Serves as Full time Client liaison and officer assigned by Accenture to assist DOS clients with day to day operations, including system functionality enhancements requiring implementation.
• Identify system issues and refine logistics support to reflect design enhancements that resolve system concerns.
• Conducts monthly meetings with Freight Forwards to discuss current services, quality / timeliness of services and provides way forward for improvement.
• Facilitates tender of service process for re-bid 241 transportation lanes to five different Freight Forwarders. This new solicitation is projected to save the DOS 30% ($3 million) of awarded spend with the incumbent carriers.
• Negotiates costs with airlines and reviews / approves costs, routes, and schedules with freight forwarders to determine the most efficient routing and schedules.
• Responsible for scheduling shipment routes, and determine number and frequency of shipments based on volume of mail, post work schedules, and mail service needs of posts.
• Develops alternative routing on a contingency basis, based on evaluation of forecasts, determines routes which may become ineffective (e.g., due to carrier bankruptcy, embargoes or strikes) and identifies alternative routes or carriers.
• Manages calls and responds to emails from Post personals to assist with any issues currently being faced at Post due to mail service, to ensure all milestones are met.
• Analyzes risk to support risk mitigation strategy for current projects.
• Monitors and stays current with world events that have potential to impact pouch product delivery. Determine if existing routes and schedules are adequate, and if not, implement changes for new routing or schedule.
• Knowledge of geography, current events, and customs of host countries in order to maintain efficient pouch delivery service within the constraints of world situations and local customs.
• Briefs Executive Director, and Deputy Director of DPM to discuss problems, needed changes in DPM Traffic Management, and pouch mail & mail procedures to use at posts.
• Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing, in order to understand and discuss problems, provide information, answer questions, persuade airline officials to accept recommendations and solve problems, negotiate carrier contracts, and conduct briefing.
• Led communications development and training sessions for 150 Posts (Embassies) and 17 Bureaus, translating to over 1000 users who benefit from this change
• Served DOS client as a functional and deployment System Matter Expert, providing input into various system enhancements and leading system marketing sessions to various Department of State (DOS) groups in collaboration with my client
• Assisted in development of supplementary training materials and announcements published globally to spread system awareness, increase deployment numbers, and provide additional learning resources to end users
• Assisted our client with day-to-day operations by providing on-going communications development, modernizing training materials, and updating program system policies to enhance the overall Program
• Developed more than 4 presentations for client workshops; ultimately building trusting and strong relationship with my client and standardizing her presentation materials to avoid continuous changes
• Filled 120 vacancies to get 60 posts live in the new system. This resulted in making sure that there were no empty roles at each Post and that all requests were being seen by the correct people at Post, therefore ensuring everyone was compliant with using the new system
• Coordinated with client and functional team to provide system feedback and enhancement suggestions, leading to the improved system capabilities suggested by DOS users in the field
• Created deliverables, work products, and other documentation for the deployment/ transition efforts
• Led weekly client meetings and established trusting relationships with client to maintain project timeline and develop a need for continuing the work stream following Fiscal Year-end
• Responsible for managing $7K annual budget, hosting chair meetings on a regular basis and attending annual conferences in Florida, Chicago, and Washington, DC
• Created, developed, and publicized events on different media platforms including social media and radio
• Mentored high school students; planned and coordinated trips and outside activities for 14 or more students
• Assist high school students to prepare them for college interviews, and walk them through the full applying process
• Collaborated with CEO Mark Morial to identify and discuss opportunities for chapter improvement
• Educated customers on proper skin cleaning and care, provide expert consultation on a one-on-one basis addressing individual needs, and recommend products best suited to specific situations
• Responsible for performing all duties as a sales associate, including processing purchases, returns, and exchanges, managing cashier activities, and answering customer inquiries
• Manage pay roll as needed; maintained and updated client records to include individual service preferences and needs
• Responsible for routine floor changes to set up new monthly merchandise
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: