Seasoned Linux System Administrator with 5 years successfully managing diverse distros and multi-site installations. Proficient at streamlining all scales of system architecture, from single terminals to 500 networked servers. Expert at maintaining smooth operation of Linux-based hardware installations with dynamic performance in environments relying upon diverse operating systems.
• Administer all Red Hat 7 servers in both VMware and physical server.
• Configure systems, monthly install of patches, and perform checks for SOX reporting.
• Maintain DNS bind servers, nagios monitoring server, sftp server, mail server and other application servers.
• Create shell scripts for automating processes, deploying software packages, OS install and setup, and recently automating monthly patching.
• Integrated Red Hat 7 servers into Active Directory. Installed and update multiple types of server certificates.
• Setup two factor authentication system with linux servers and rebuilt Nagios monitoring system.
• In process of implementing a Red Hat Satellite server system and bringing in more automation with Ansible.
• Developed OS install procedures for application servers to mostly automate deployment.
• Worked with vendors for advanced configuration of their application and clustering systems on our Linux systems.
• Planned and documented the process and the New Servers Builds in the environment.
• Upgraded HMC and Firmware of the AIX servers.
• Installation, configuration and administration of Red Hat Linux servers and support for Servers.
• Installation, maintenance and regular upgrades of Red Hat Linux Servers using kickstart based network installation.
• Disk Storage Management in AIX - Logical and Physical Volume management, configuring disks, workingwith volume groups, logical volumes, and physical volumes.
• Provided 24x7 System Administration support for Red Hat Linux 3.x, 4.xservers and resolved trouble tickets on shift rotation basis.
• Provide the support of building the server, patching, user administration tasks, deployment, software installation, performance tuning and troubleshooting and KVM.
• Monitoring system performance, tune-up kernel parameter, adding /removing /administering hosts, users, disks on DNS / NIS domain,
• Configuration of Hardware and Software RAID on Digital & Sun Servers
• Implemented NFS, DNS and NIS under SUN.
• Wrote bash shell scripts for getting information about various Linux servers
• Installed and Configured Send mail Utility on Sun UNIX Servers.
• Troubleshooting Backup and Restore Problems Creation of LVMs on SAN using Linux utilities
• Provide level 2 desktop support for 200 staff via email, support ticket, or phone.
• Weekly server maintenance to all Windows servers.
• Configuration and management of WSUS and the Group Policy attached.
• Basic Linux server troubleshooting and maintenance.
• Partnered with vendors to provide cyber security.
• Trained the level 1 IT Support Specialist.
• Provide level 1 desktop support for 200 staff via email, support ticket, or phone.
• Assist with network issues.
• Create documentation for both the IT team and our end users.
• Assist our web development team in troubleshooting or testing new features and bugs in both our internal staff website and our external site.
Splunk Completion certificate.
SQL Server 2017 Administration TSQL Programming completion certificate.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: