Customer-oriented individual with 27 years of experience focused on increasing value, minimizing issues and creation of strong well rounded teams. Adaptive and deadline-oriented with capacity to execute and complete multiple projects in high-stress environments. Meticulous leader and strategic planner with comprehensive managerial acumen, offering technical skill and hands on experience within the entertainment industry. Pragmatic professional with strong planning and communication skills. Passionate and versatile with exceptional skill in coordinating personnel, materials and equipment.
June 2000- Feb 2010
Head Lighting Designer/ Lighting Department Manager / Audio Engineer / Video Technician / Arena Rigger
• Reviewed drawings, blueprints, and schematics to identify technical requirements.
• Worked within budgets to maximize overall event impact.
• Designed Lighting Plots and electrical schematics for installation of rental equipment.
• Installed and controlled audio for live event amplification and live event recordings.
• Collaborated with producers and end clients to determine and achieve desired production results
• Continually learned new system and controls, as technology changed, and new equipment became available for use within the company
• Recommended and oversaw the acquisition on new inventory within the rental department.
• Review and updated project plans based on changing objectives and venue limitations.
Technical Director / Project Manager
• Creation of drawings, blueprints, and schematics to identify technical requirements.
• Produced and Directed live corporate events, including calling of the show.
• Collaborated with clients, account representative, and production staff to deliver exceptional end products and performances.
• Supervised crew of audio, video, lighting, scenic, rigging installation team members, including independent subcontractors.
• Maintain files, work orders on upcoming events, purchase orders for sub rented equipment for production events.
• Communicated and coordinated with multiple departments to achieve top results.
• Designed project scopes, budgets and timelines for both small and large events.
• Identify problematic issues prior to execution to minimize impact on live events.
• Assisted in final billing of client shows and post event reports with onsite changes and P/L reports.
• Planning and execution of new processes and workflow for lighting, audio, video, scenic, and rigging.
• Established, enforced, and updated policies keeping business agile and responsive to changing market conditions
HSMAI Board Member- January 2009-Present
• Cultivated and maintained strong industry relationships and customer partnerships to capitalize on opportunities and maximize business success.
• Developed both short term and long-range plans for HSMAI to remain successful in our industry
• Used live event knowledge to assist chapter with successful fund raising events.
• Facilitated tour details and pre-show setup details with local promoters to ensure smooth process from load-in and sound checks to show and load-out.
• Kept safety as a priority during entire event to makes sure band, local hands, audience members, and staff were not at risk of injury.
• Build production timeline and ensure execution of setup plans by local teams.
• Operate live audio and/or lighting console during concerts based on local independent contractors' availability.
• Acquire local show ticket information and report back to booking company for tour accounting purposes.
• Develop and improve best use practices for all audio and lighting equipment listed for tour.
• Maintain accounting records for merchandise sales and house percentage payments.
• Fixed bugs and troubleshot issues to promote proper functionality of the A/V systems used.
• Explained procedures in easy-to-understand terminology to local teams and volunteer help.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: