Im an experienced Dental Assistant with 22 years of expertise in General Dentistry , Periodontics and Prosthodontics. I started working in the dental field when I was in High School and have stayed with it because I enjoy doing what I do. I enjoy learning new things , love a challenge and also like to expand my oppurtunities.
* Oral surgery
* Infection control proficiency
* Full Mouth Radiographs
* Digital impression
* Cross trained and can work the frontdesk as well
I was Dr. Roberto Velasco's Lead Surgical Assistant for 3 years at Uptown Cosmetic & Implant Dentistry. Dr. Velasco is a Prosthodontist who specializes in AO4 procedures , Full Mouth Reconstruction , Implant placement, Cosmetic Dentistry, Crown Lengthening , Gingivectomies ,and Ortho Clear Aligners (Clear Correct and Reveals) as well as General Dentistry.
MY RESPONSIBILITES :
* Make sure that all implant parts were ordered as needed and that they arrived before patients appointment .
* Check in all lab cases and made sure that each case was correct . Cases were pulled two days in advance.
* Set up rooms for each patient with all the proper supplies and instrumentation to meet the needs of Dr. Velasco and enhance team efficiency. Protected patients from infection by setting up and managing sterile operating fields.
* Assisted in all Surgical procedures. Kept views unobstructed by retracting, sponging and suctioning surgical sites.
* Monitored oral sedated patients and IV sedated patients (after Anesthesiologist was gone) until patients ride arrived.
* I did all Prosthodontic Evaluations . I would go over in great detail and explained the procedure to the patient and go over all pre and post op instructions.. Explained all prescriptions that were given to patient.
* Took CT scans and FMX's on all patients who proceed with treatment
* Made night guards , surgical night guards for all AO4 patients and surgical stints as needed.
* Completed minor preventative maintenance and mechanical repairs on equipment.
* Served patients in a friendly, efficient manner making them feel comfortable.
* Performed duties in accordance with all applicable standards, policies and regulatory guidelines to promote safe working environment.
* Ordered all supplies and implants.
* Performed general chair-side duties to assist with various procedures, including general, endo and oral surgery.
* Prepared bitewings, panoramic and periapical X-Rays, allowing dentist to properly diagnose any problem areas needing treatment.
* Used Cerec to scan and design same day crowns and onlays. Also scanned for Clear Correct ortho aligners.
* Bonded all attachments per Clear Correct's recommended treatment plan.
* Ordered all supplies
* On Saturdays I would teach the clinical part of the Dental Assisting program.
*Educated patients on postoperative care, including how to protect dental work and boost healing.
*Created dental impressions used for diagnostics, opposing models and study casts to make crowns, bridges and other dental prosthetics.
* Scheduled appointments for new and existing patients.
* Cleaned and sanitized dental tools and equipment, straightened treatment rooms and restocked supplies to prep for next patient and maintain health and safety practices.
* Took dental images following strict patient protection rules by mentioning risks during pregnancy, [Action] and applying lead aprons.
* Prepared rooms for patient treatment by cleaning and sterilizing tools and equipment.
* Used Dentrix to document and maintain patient notes and health history.
* Explained treatment procedures and instructed patients on home care guidelines.
* Measured and recorded vital statistics by taking patients' blood pressure, temperature and pulse.
* Cleaned and sanitized instruments and equipment, straightened treatment rooms and restocked supplies to prepare for next patient.
* Assisted in all surgeries such as Osseous Surgery, Gingivectomies, Frenectomies, Distal Wedges, connective tissue grafts and Crown Lengthening.
* Set up for all surgical procedures in a very sterile environment.
* Made sure all study models were poured and trimmed.
* Made surgical stints
* Educated patients on dental hygiene, pre-surgical instructions and post-surgical care.
* Educated patients on postoperative care, including how to protect dental work and boost healing.
* Infection Control
* HIPPA Compliance
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: