Masters degree holder in Criminal Justice with a professional demeanor displaying outstanding organizational, leadership and presentation skills along with a knowledge of family law are the highlights of my career. Adept at developing and managing processes, procedures and delivering high-end professional training and support to increase operational efficiency. Skillful at empowering employees to highlight individual aptitudes while collaborating as a unit. Combines leadership skills and effective communication to build and maintain strong business relationships. Positive thinker with proficiency for setting goals, making decisions, and getting things done.
Currently serves as Lead Litigation Family Law Paralegal of Family Law Firm with 100+ cases within the State of Maryland, uncontested and litigious,with a team consisting of up to 6 paralegals, 5 Associate Attorneys, 2 Senior Associates, and 2 Partners.
• MANAGE DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES OF CASELOAD CONSISTING OF THIRTY (30) OR MORE FAST PACED CASES including family law, divorce, child custody, child support, negotiation, contempt of court and adoption matters.
• DRAFT LEGAL COMPLAINTS for Clients going through divorces, marital dissolution agreements, motions, income and expense statements, and correspondence to opposing parties and clients.
• PREPARE PLEADINGS, judgments and orders in dissolution, legal separation, child custody and child support cases.
• DRAFT DISCOVERY DOCUMENTATION to include Request for Answers to Interrogatories, Request for the Production of Documents, Civil Domestic Case Information Report, Pleadings, Answers, Motions, and other various court filings.
• GATHER, ORGANIZE AND COLLECT DISCOVERY DOCUMENTS to include financial documents and legal documents. Perform quality control, redactions, labeling, logging and application of Bates numbering to production of documents. Actively work family law
cases from start to finish.
• ANALYZE AND CHART DISCOVERY documentation to include bank statements, medical
records and financial documentation.
• DRAFT SUBPOENAS, SCHEDULE A, AND NOTICE OF DEPOSITIONS DUCES TECUM and Discovery Certificates for financial institutions, medical facilities, witnesses, employers and issues subpoenas for all necessary witnesses in preparation for trials.
• PREPARE EXHIBIT LISTS, EXHIBITS, mediation and uncontested divorce exhibits and binders. Create and maintain production of document logs, subpoena logs and case memorandum.
• PROFICIENTLY PERFORM ELECTRONIC CASE FILING VIA MARYLAND ODYSSEY FILE AND SERVE (MDEC). Research inquiries for cases on Westlaw and Maryland Judiciary Case Search.
• NOTARIZE AND WITNESS EXECUTION of estate documents and settlement agreements.
Assist with the preparation and gathering of documents for the same.
• PROVIDE APPROPRIATE LEGAL GUIDANCE AND SUPPORT to Paralegals, Legal team, Associate Attorneys and clients ensuring compliance with firm standards while seamlessly managing my own cases.
• PROVIDE SUPPORT TO LITIGATION TEAM consisting of 2 Partners, 2 Senior Associates and 5 Associate Attorneys in Family law.
• PREPARE ATTORNEYS FOR HEARINGS (VIRTUAL AND IN PERSON). Attend and prepare the legal team for in person hearings and virtual hearings to include trial preparation, exhibit preparation, summary exhibits, trial binders and client coordination.
• ATTEND TRIALS AND DEPOSITIONS WITH ATTORNEYS, prepare and update exhibits and admit deny sheets during trials. Assist the Attorney with witness coordination and client testimony.
• COMMUNICATE WITH CLIENTS, WITNESSES, COURT PERSONNEL, EXPERTS, BEST INTEREST ATTORNEYS AND COUNSEL. Schedule appointments, court appearances, mediation and deposition hearings. Assist Attorneys with effectively meeting deadlines. Calculate and calendar court and case deadlines.
• PARTICIPATE IN THE HIRING PROCESS OF NEW ATTORNEYS, PARALEGALS, AND SUPPORT STAFF. Conduct virtual, telephone and in person panel interviews of potential hirees.
• TRAIN AND DEVELOP associate attorneys, support staff and paralegals and at the Firm.
• CREATE TRAINING MATERIALS for the presentation of internal training events to Attorneys, Paralegals and support staff. Training included MDEC electronic filing, legal timekeeping, courtroom tips and tricks, trial preparation, and Md. Rule 5-902(b)(1) notification training.
• CREATE AND IMPLEMENT all policies, workflow processes and work assignments for the legal team.
• STRATEGICALLY DEVELOP PROCESSES AND NEW PROTOCOLS for the Firm regarding case strategy, implementation of tasks and internal processes. Create and revise the Firm's
• CONDUCT CLIENT INTAKE AND INTERVIEWS and entered information into company database.
• SKILLED IN OUTLOOK, Smokeball, Maryland Judiciary Record Search and MDEC.
• PRODUCED legal documents such as briefs, pleadings and appeals.
• DEVELOPED A WORKING RELATIONSHIP WITH courts, clients, debtors and attorneys.
• ORGANIZED AND REVIEWED WITNESS REPORTS and case facts. Assisted attorneys with gathering case facts and review of case filings.
• REVIEWED EVIDENCE in case matters and organization of same.
• WORKED AS A TEAM with Attorneys, administrative assistants and fellow legal assistants.
• ATTENDED TRIALS AND COURT PROCEEDINGS with Attorneys.
• DRAFT SUMMARIES AND REPORTS after monitoring and meeting with offenders and agencies.
• COORDINATED WITH PROGRAM OFFICIALS, COURT ORDERED AGENCIES and state officials to verify information submitted by offenders.
• MANAGED AND ORGANIZED DIGITAL AND PHYSICAL CASE FILES for offenders. Answered inquiries from court agencies, clients and the public regarding court proceedings, trial dates, outstanding warrants, summonses and status of case both verbally and in writing.
• MAINTAINED AND ORGANIZED OFFENDER RECORDS and documentation in compliance with department and legal standards.
• PREPARED MOTIONS, BRIEFS, CORRESPONDENCE AND CLIENT FORMS. Edited court forms and documents regarding offender status. Prepared routine and other special reports by utilizing personnel and internal databases.
• INDEPENDENTLY MANAGED OVER 200 OFFENDER CASES at a time which included offender home visits, office meetings, employer communications, and weekly in office reporting with the Maryland Department of Parole and Probation.
• HANDLED AND ATTENDED COURT HEARINGS INDEPENDENTLY with offenders weekly which included testifying, drug analysis results, work and home habits as well as violations. Coordinated with the State's Attorney's office regarding court proceedings and offender status.
• SCREENED OFFENDER REFERRALS and completed intake interviews and paperwork.
• SERVED AS COURT LIAISON by attending court hearings and presenting reports, offender status, and recommendations.
• COLLABORATED WITH INSTITUTIONAL STAFF, AREA LAW ENFORCEMENT, mental health boards, county attorneys and treatment providers.
• REFERRED FELONY AND MISDEMEANOR OFFENDERS to necessary community resources.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: