Conscientious Teaching professional dedicated to educating people in Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry courses. Offering solid background in meaningful and informative lectures coupled with understanding of learning techniques and tools.
(1) Shahni, R. K.; Mabin, M.; Wang, Z.; Shaik, M.; Ugrinov, A.; Chu, Q. R. Synthesis and Characterization of BPA-Free Polyesters by Incorporating a Semi-Rigid Cyclobutanediol Monomer. Polym. Chem. 2020, 11 (37), 6081–6090. https://doi.org/10.1039/D0PY01098G.
(2) Wang, Z.; Scheuring, M.; Mabin, M.; Shahni, R.; Wang, Z. D.; Ugrinov, A.; Butz, J.; Chu, Q. R. Renewable Cyclobutane-1,3-Dicarboxylic Acid (CBDA) Building Block Synthesized from Furfural via Photocyclization. ACS Sustain. Chem. Eng. 2020, 8 (24), 8909–8917. https://doi.org/10.1021/acssuschemeng.0c00708.
(3) Jha, A. K.; Shahni, R. K.; Jain, N. D-Glucosamine as a Green Ligand for Palladium-Catalyzed Cross-Coupling of Aryl and Heteroaryl Halides. Synlett 2015, 26 (02), 259–264. https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0034-1379612.
(4) Wang, Z.; Miller, B.; Mabin, M.; Shahni, R.; Wang, Z. D.; Ugrinov, A.; Chu, Q. R. Cyclobutane-1,3-Diacid (CBDA): A Semi-Rigid Building Block Prepared by [2+2] Photocyclization for Polymeric Materials. Sci. Rep. 2017, 7 (1), 13704. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-017-13983-z.
(5) Shahni, R. K.; Ugrinov, A.; Chu, Q. R. Synthesis of Semi-rigid Cyclobutane Diamine Monomer towards High Performance Polyamides, 2020, manuscript submitted for publication.
(6) Shahni, Sather, Richard, A.; Chu, Q. R. Furfural Derived Semi-Rigid Diol Synthesized by Photoreaction for Synthesis of Sustainable Materials, 2020, manuscript submitted for publication.
Chu Q.; Shahni R. K. Polymers Comprising 1,3-Cylobutane Dimethanol (CBDO-1), US Non Provisional Pat. Ser. No. 17/001,966, filed Aug 2020.
(1) Received Dr. Roland G. Severson Chemistry Scholarship from University of North Dakota for Excellence in Research.
(2) Recipient of Graduate Student Travel Award from Division of Research & Economic Development for Attending ACS National Meetings Spring 2019, Orlando, Fl.
(3) Winner of Merit Scholarship from Indian Institute Technology, Delhi for Outstanding Performance in Academics.
(4) Served as President for Chemistry Graduate Student Organization from 2018-2020.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: