To obtain a career as an Advance Nurse Practitioner that will promote care to patients and their families for a better quality of life. Also, to be part of an organization that will promote professional growth, leadership, and growth.
Family Nurse Practitioner07/2016 to CurrentCG Medical AssociatesCincinnati, OH
- Manage care of patients in both the urgent care and primary care setting
- Supervise employees, and address conflicts independently
- Assess, diagnose, and treat 30-40+ patients per day
- Ordered necessary tests such as X-rays, MRI, CT scan, ultrasounds, and EKGs
- Interpret X-rays
- Treat acute illinesses: bronchitis, sinusitis, pneumonia, influenza, UTI, gastritis, back pain, workman's compensation, otitis media/externa, strep throat, tonsilitis, other viral illnesses, and many more.
- Managed chronic diseases of primary care patients: HTN, DM, CVD, asthma, COPD, and more
- Perform procedures: laceration care: suture/staple/cauterization, bursa aspiration, incision & drainage of abscesses, cryotherapy, foreign body removal
- Provide preventative care
- Prescribe medication
- Obtain labs through puncture
- follow up
- Educate patients and their families regarding health, prevention, and treatments
Staff Nurse09/2009 to 08/2017Good Samaritan HospitalCincinnati, OH
Stroke Certified Unit, Telemetry, Neurosurgery
Developed and maintained quality care systems, including creating and improving medical protocols and guidelines.
Utilize the nursing process through assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation with patients with neurological conditions, strokes, neurosurgery (craniotomy, spine surgery)and medical-surgical overflow.
Provide direct patient care.
Care for many post-op spinal surgeries and craniotomy patients who are stable after surgery.
Educate patients and their families concerning discharge information prior to leaving hospital.
Patient Care Assistant06/2008 to 08/2009Good Samaritan HospitalCincinnati, OH
Obtain vital signs.
Assist patients with ADL's.
Assist RN's with patient care.
Obtain patient blood glucose levels.
Family Nurse Practitioner2016University of CincinnatiCincinnati, OH
Bachelor of Science: Nursing2012University of CincinnatiCincinnati, OHNursing
Associate of Applied Science: Registered Nurse2009Cincinnati State CollegeCincinnati, OHNursing