Highly motivated and experienced Educator with over 20 years of experience possessing a strong commitment to the development of students, staff, and community. Adept at managing concurrent objectives to promote efficiency and influence positive outcomes.
• Behavioral Crisis Management
Responsible for teaching basic reading and writing to adults. Creating and developing curriculum, lesson planning, teaching materials, and Individual Learning Plans to aid students in developing skills and confidence in Language and Writing.
Provided support to the instructional process with specific responsibility for directing assigned programs and services; provided information and served as a resource to others; supervised assigned staff; coordinated school activities and addressed issues, situations and/or problems.
Supervised a team of professionals, including support staff.Managed a student body of approximately 160 researchers.Devised and coordinated scheduling, creating and tracking of individual educational goals within a "Project-Based" learning community.
Managed classroom coverage of middle and high school classes; assumed all responsibilities of a classroom teacher, including professional development, communication with parents, assessment of students, attended and conducted staff meetings.
• Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated (Member)
• Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD)
• Atlas Rubicon® Curriculum Development
• Blackboard Configuration (Lorraine Monroe)
• Career Pathways (Highland Park Schools)
• Classroom Management (Pearson Skylight)
• The Emerging Leaders Program (Michigan State University)
• Igniting a Passion for Reading (International Association for Continuing Education and Training) Curriculum Mapping (Wayne RESA)
• International Reading Association (Member)
• Language Arts Curriculum & Design (McDougal Littell)
• The Michigan Council of Teachers of English
• MiStar Training (WAYNE RESA)
• The North Central Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (Summer Leadership Academy)
• READ 180®
• Reading Literacy (Staff Development for Educators)
• Technology in the Classroom (Tom Snyder)
• “Who's Who Among America's Teachers”
MS WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT, INTERNET (RESEARCH AND NAVIGATION) MICROSOFT WINDOWS, MAC LITERACY, WEB DESIGN, AND E-MAIL.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: