Enthusiastic CTRS eager to contribute to team success through hard work, attention to detail and excellent organizational skills. Clear understanding of programming and recreational therapy implementation and training in multiple disabilities encompassing all ages . Motivated to learn, grow and excel in recreational therapy.
• Execute and facilitate engagement programs. Model appropriate and successful engagement of residents.
• Develop monthly engagement calendars and daily engagement schedules.
• Maintain marketing signage through out the community to ensure residents and visitors are informed about events and activities.
• Create engagement for residents based on their preferences, experiences, and lifelong interests as reported in the resident life journal.
• Plan special events, parties, and larger events for the entire community including Memory Care in conjunction with other team members.
• Invite and encourage residents to participate in engagement.
• Set up, organize, and plan programming that the other team members can facilitate throughout the day.
• Organize and maintain appropriate supplies for resident engagement.
• Coordinate outings, special events, and partnerships with the greater community to enhance overall engagement experience for residents.
• Communicate to appropriate team members any observations of any resident changes or concerns.
• Develop relationships with cultural, artistic, inter generational and other groups within the greater community that can provide resources to enhance engagement program.
• Identify residents who are at risk for isolation and develop specific plans to enhance connections and purpose for those individuals.
Camp Koinonia is an outdoor education program for approximately 130 individuals ages 7-21 who have multiple disabilities. A class of about 200 UT students attends a three-hour class every Thursday in preparation for their week at camp.
Programmed activities include horseback riding, canoeing, arts and crafts, sports and games, low ropes course, music and movement, made science, cooking, outdoor adventure and archery, exercise and yoga, cabin challenge, and come on down (a game show-style/trivia-based activity).
Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS)
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: