Compassionate educational diagnostician with 29 years of experience working in public school campuses with ages 3-22. I possess leadership and communication skills that allow me to evaluate, develop, and educate students and parents about the special education process and appropriate programming recommendations. My experiences include teaching 2nd grade and kindergarten before moving into the role of diagnostician. While I have evaluated and facilitated ARD Meetings for students ages 3-21, my focus in recent years has been to lead multidisciplinary evaluation teams in the evaluation and educational planning for students who are multiply disabled and/or medically fragile as well as planning for students who are developing vocational skills needed to enter the workforce.
* Evaluate students ages 3 - 21 to determine eligibility for special education services
* Facilitate Admission, Review, and Dismissal (ARD) Meetings in order to develop an individual education plan for special education students
* Evaluate students who are planning on or are actively involved in work-based learning in order to determine current functional academic and vocational skills
* Evaluate students who are medically fragile, non-verbal, and/or significantly impaired by multiple disability conditions
* Prepare Full Individual Evaluation reports documenting assessment results, individual strengths/needs, and recommendations to facilitate a student's education
*Collaborate with a variety of evaluation professionals including speech/language pathologists, licensed specialists in school psychology, occupational therapists, physical therapists, teachers of the visually impaired, teachers of the auditorially impaired, assistive technology professionals, transition staff, and career & technology staff, etc. in order to fully evaluate and develop an individual education plan for students
*Communicate with a variety of staff members as well as parents in order to obtain all relevant information to provide educational services to students with disabilities
* Train staff on ARD processes, evaluation practices and processes, and current procedures/policies
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: