Enthusiastic student with superior skills in working in both team-based and independent capacities. Bringing strong work ethic and excellent organizational skills to any setting.
1. Receives and records all incoming task requests and assigns to appropriate staff member. Accepts requests while referring other requests to the correct department or employee. Explains associated policy and procedure.
2. Maintains records of all work requests and job
3. Schedules PICC room per policy.
4. Maintains PICC list, updating as needed.
5. Answers telephone and delegates calls as
6. Refers all incidents, complaints, and problems to the
supervisor and/or manager.
7. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Provides transportation services for patients, including, but not limited to, children from premature to young adult, adults, geriatric, bariatric, and critical care patients of all ages. Transportation works with nursing to ambulate patients into and out of beds/chairs and to/from wheelchairs/stretchers utilizing a variety of lifting techniques and electro- mechanical lifting equipment to assist with lifting, moving, holding and transferring patients. During patient moves, Transporters care for the non-clinical needs of their patient and respond/activate emergency protocols in the event of a cardiac arrest during transport, including initiating CPR.
• Responds and provides non-clinical assistance to emergency staff during emergent situations such as Code Whites, Code Blues, Stroke alerts, mass transfusions, and ED traumas. Assists with non-clinical functions including stat patient movements to diagnostic imaging/emergent procedures, stat retrieval of blood products, and emergency equipment as directed by the nursing staff.
• Coordinates the verification and transfer of deceased patients to the on-site mortuary and to local Funeral Homes.
• Provides transportation of patient care equipment including but not limited to, carts (Respiratory Isolation, Dialysis, Traction), Cardiac Chairs, Restraint Boxes, Arctic Sun, Vanderlifts, and Sit to Stands; a variety of pumps (Sigma, Wound Vacs, Epidural, PCAs, Patrol, Thermal); and Sequential Compression devices. Transportation also provides Diagnostic/procedural instrumentation on a routine and/or emergent (Stat) basis. Transports and/or assembles beds and bed-related equipment, various orthopedic equipment, as well as drop off and pickup of clean or soiled surgical instrumentation.
• Maintains, cleans, and prepares emergency equipment, including, but not limited to, Code Blue Carts, Code White stretchers, Arctic Suns, Hover Jacks, AirPals, Airway boxes for emergency intubations, and off-hour AED battery replacements. Maintenance includes swapping and inventorying monthly outdates on Code Carts, Airway Boxes, and other emergency equipment, as well as inventory of said equipment after emergency uses.
• Disinfects transport equipment prior to patient transport and at the completion of the assignment and follows infection control guidelines and safety protocols when transporting patients and patient equipment.
• Follows proper safety protocol when assigned to pick up patients from the Helipad.
• Transports, cleans, tags, and returns IV poles, monitors, wheelchairs, stretchers, pumps, scales, lifts, and other patient equipment to the designated storage area.
• Provides transportation of medical supplies, including various fluids used for Hemo and Peritoneal Dialysis.
• Observes and reports to leader when equipment or wheelchair and stretcher fleet require maintenance or replacement. Works with Procurement to identify new equipment requirements.
• Delivers most medical supply items found in the hospital during the evenings and overnight.
• Returns pages/phone calls in a timely manner. Receives assignments via pagers and handheld technology from dispatchers or supervisors and enters pick-ups and completions of assignments in the bed system via departmental systems as trained.
• May perform departmental dispatch duties, including emergency response, patient transport and movement of equipment as required.
• Works with internal web team to assist in the design, maintenance, and population of the internal Supply Chain website with useful, timely information and links.
• Presents a professional demeanor at all times while carrying out transport duties.
• Performs audits, reports results and participates in developing solutions (i.e., Clutter Taskforce) and implementation activities to ensure compliance with FDA, Joint Commission, Department of Health policies and procedures.
• Participates in the implementation of the Pandemic and Infectious disease operational plan for Supply Chain.
• May coordinate with manufacturers, vendors, and regional hospitals or partners to ensure availability of equipment, supplies, and PPE on off-shifts or in the absence of the leader.
• May participate on the Recalls, Alerts, Substitutions, and Hazards (RASH) Committee
• Performs all other duties as required or assigned.
At the direction of the supervisor or crew leader, perform a variety of general cleaning duties including buffing and refinishing of floors, carpet maintenance and the transporting of all waste, recyclables and other materials to help maintain a clean, healthy and safe environment for patients, visitors and employees.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: