Motivating leader with history of building and managing large, culturally diverse teams. Proficient at identifying inefficient/nonproductive issues and integrating sensible solutions to achieve cost savings and increased productivity. Strong relationship builder works well with stakeholders and corporate teams.
Objective: Ensured the smooth operation of guest services, valet services, and uniformed services, housekeeping, laundry, and communications in an attentive, friendly, efficient, and courteous manner. Also, provided all guests with quality service while maximizing room revenue and productivity, and developing managers and employees.
Objective: Planned, directed, managed and oversaw the activities and operations of the department; trained and established operating systems; managed department labor expenses and overall results pertaining to hotel Profit and Loss; achieved guest satisfaction scores of 90% or more in guest room and bathroom cleanliness
Objective: Oversaw and responsible for human resources needs of three Seattle properties. Regular visits to all three hotels on a rotating basis throughout the week. Addressed recruiting needs, employee issues, work injuries, performance issue and employee relations.
1. Team Member Relations - 40%
· Provided advice and counsel to area General Managers, management and Team Members in all areas of Human Resource related programs, policies, issues and laws
· Communicated and interpreted various Company policies, procedures, laws, standards, and government regulations for Team Members and managers. Ensured all issues were resolved ethically and within company policies and legal guidelines
Educated, coached and developed leadership capability to help prevent future issues or concerns.
· Counseled area management regarding compliance with all Federal, State, and local employment laws, and acted as company representative in resolving any hotel complaints related to such compliance issues.
Worked with Corporate Director of Human Resources and/or legal counsel to ensure that location practices complied with federal and state laws.
· Conducted and documented investigations pertaining to Department of Labor, unemployment, harassment and discrimination complaints in accordance with company guidelines as well as directives by company Legal department. Provided recommendations for appropriate resolution of investigations.
· Coached managers and supervisors utilizing company values, through coaching process, conflict management/resolution, discipline/corrective action procedures, and labor law compliance.
· Responded to all UI claim inquiries within established service-level agreements established by vendor or state.
2. Talent Management/Development – 30%
· Worked closely with hotel leaders to help create, implement and manage the people plan to align with business objectives.
· Provided consultation, support and guidance to Seattle are leaders on talent matters, sourcing needs, and strategic placement of talent.
· Lead the talent management/succession planning process and plan for assigned hotels to build capability, diversity, manage performance, retain and grow talent.
· Partnered with area General managers and leaders to develop plans to address short and long term talent needs.
· Lead the succession planning and Individual Development Plans of high performing Team Members in respective hotels.
· Developed, monitored, and educated leadership on recruiting plan, sourcing tactics and selection process to improve the flow, quality and selection of job candidates.
· Trained management in all areas of human resources to include policy, talent acquisition, performance management, leadership and management skills.
· Facilitated training of new company programs, HR courses and other initiatives as needed.
· Participated in the selection process for managers and department heads as requested.
3. Business Partner – 30%
· Provided counsel, feedback and coaching on broad ranging issues including business operations, process and all Team Member related actions that enhances the individual growth and superior performance of respective hotel.
· Worked systematically to diagnose problems, analyze data, identify root causes and recommend solutions for HR related business issues. In partnership with Corporate Director of Human Resources, developed creative and innovative solutions for improvement.
· Participated in business leadership meetings as a strategic partner to identify Team Member impact (development, Team Member relations, compensation, talent management, performance management and diversity initiatives) relative to business strategies.
· Visited hotel locations on a regular basis independently and with field leadership to identify trends and issues, provide guidance and coaching to hotel leaders on all HR related issues. Specific focus included staffing, scheduling, training, productivity/performance, Team Member engagement, career development and
· Worked with Corporate Director of Human Resources and hotel leaders to implement diversity strategy and plan that focuses on recruiting, Team Member engagement, leadership development and community outreach.
Objective: Planned, directed, managed the activities and operations of the hotel's Human Resources Department including recruitment and selection, classification and compensation, employee and labor relations, personnel records, risk management, worker's compensation, insurance, employee/organizational development, diversity, affirmative action and ADA.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: