Visionary Operations Executive with solid experience managing all levels of multiple projects including budgeting and administration.
Operational Control and Direction of the Department's Major Divisions Including:
- 12 Jails and Prisons state-wide
- 13 Probation/Parole field offices state-wide
- 15 Community Jails under contract to the AK DOC
- 7 Community Residential Centers (halfway houses) state-wide under contract through the GEO private prison group.
- Oversight of the Department's state operated Electronic Monitoring Unit (part of the concerted efforts toward graduated re-entry).
- Contract prison in Hudson, Colorado operated by the GEO private prison group (Contract prison in Arizona previously through Corrections Corporation of America).
Oversaw the following units and initiatives:
- Prisoner classification unit
- Prisoner medical services unit
- Correctional Officer/Probation/Parole Officer Training Academy.
- Policy and procedure review, revision, development and implementation.
- Guided Personnel investigations in coordination with Human Resources.
- Department's focus on re-entry and seamless transition.
- Department's focus on evidence based programs.
- Representative on inter-agency groups: 1) Council on Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault and 2) Lt. Governor's inter-agency Criminal Justice Working Group
- Ensured a thoughtful and swift response to legislative and community inquires and complaints.
Port of Anchorage Security Captain.
- Supervised 24 hour security operation controlling ingress/egress of personnel and vehicles conducting business on the port. The Port of Anchorage is one of 19 strategic ports in the United States.
- Liaison between Municipal port operators, port stakeholders (businesses) and the Coast Guard.
- Supervised 12 Correctional Superintendents statewide.
- Oversaw and conducted correctional personnel disciplinary investigations and imposition of discipline.
- Conducted Director's audits in all correctional facilities.
- Responded to staff and prisoner grievances, prisoner disciplinary and classification appeals.
- ACA Accreditation training to support accreditation process for three of the department's correctional facilities.
- Chief executive of the Palmer Correctional Center. Sentenced male, medium/minimum custody prison. Population 500.
- Reviewed, developed and implemented institutional policy and procedure.
- Oversaw prisoner program and work assignments.
- Assigned prisoner work crews for community work projects and benefits.
- Approved school and community groups for institutional tours.
- Spoke to community and college groups regarding correctional issues and career opportunities.
- Chief executive of the Mat-Su Pretrial Facility. 128 bed male/female pretrial persons arrested and remanded to custody pending trial.
- Oversaw all aspects of prisoner daily activities to include court appearance and application of court orders.
- Conducted staff investigations to include one involving theft of prisoner funds resulting in criminal charges and felony conviction.
- Conducted staff investigations involving misuse of state time andequipment resulting in staff suspensions and staff termination.
- Assistant Superintendent of the department's only sentenced female facility. Responsible for supervision of all aspects of the daily operations and aided the Superintendent in evaluating policy and programs related to facility operations.
-Assistant Superintendent of the Palmer Correctional Center sentenced male minimum/medium custody facility. Responsible for supervision of all aspects of the daily operations and aided the Superintendent in evaluating policy and programs related to facility operations.
-Conducted staff and prisoner misconduct investigations.
-Conducted staff disciplinary hearings and recommended sanctions.
-Functioned as one of 5 Department of Corrections officers assigned to the Alaska State Trooper Special Emergency Reaction Team (SERT). Received specialized training in hostage situations, high-risk warrant service, armed entry and extraction, and search and rescue operations.
- Sergeant at the Anchorage Annex and Mat-Su Pretrial Facility. Both are pretrial male/female facilities holding persons arrested and remanded into the custody of the department of corrections pending case resolution. Sergeant at the Palmer Correctional Center which is a sentenced male minimum/medium custody facility.
-Served in multiple capacities over the years at each facility: prisoner disciplinary chairperson; classification chairperson, shift supervisor; special projects sergeant; institutional security sergeant; prisoner armed transportation sergeant; policy and procedure sergeant.
- NIC security audit training.
- Selected for participation on the Alaska State Trooper Special Emergency Reaction Team (SERT).
- Specialized training in the Reed Interview and Interrogation Method.
- Entry level through journeyman correctional officer.
- Attended basic correctional officer training academy.
- Performed basic correctional officer duties associated with care and custody of prisoners in a jail setting.
Executive Excellence: the National Institute of Corrections' premier leadership development program.
Basic electronics and mechanical repair of Air Force telecommunications equipment.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: