Knowledgeable Case Manager experienced in coordinating care for diversified individuals. Proactive and resourceful with strong knowledge of community resources. Effective communicator with passion for helping others. Talented and adept at handling high caseloads without sacrificing quality of care. Operates in high-pressure environments while recommending best resources and courses of action to benefit patient needs and return each to optimal quality of life. Proficient in documentation and compliance.
Determined, enthusiastic, energizing
Compiling, record keeping
Accepting of criticism
Analyzing, evaluating, brainstorming
Troubleshooting, working under pressure
Eagerness for learning
· Completes initial / reclassification file reviews; analyzes MULES / NCIC background records; completes risk level assessment; secures / verifies information of offenders concerning home life / family relationships / work history / other pertinent personal / social factors; develops / maintains / reviews classification files; assesses classification status; protective custody assessment; enters enemy waivers and updates enemy lists;
· Serves on a classification team; prepares Case Plans with offenders; participates/ assists in vocational / educational / social adjustment planning; job assignments, facility transfers; holds disciplinary hearings on conduct violations; participates in treatment team meetings; acts as grievance officer; processes / responds to Informal Resolution Requests (IRR's); provides pre-release counseling; researches / identifies community resources and services prior to release; evaluates offender's institutional adjustment / attitude toward society / release plans; · Maintains open-door office policy; handles issues with other departments; evaluates visiting applications – including analyzing MULES / NCIC background records; notifies offenders of the critical illness/death of immediate family members; facilitates offender programs; notifies / searches offender legal mail, detainers / warrants, mail censorships; liaison for outside agencies with offenders, including but not limited to attorneys, child services, law enforcement, family members.
· Assists other department as needed – assists custody with control of offenders / conducts searches of offenders and areas; assists training with instructing various classes to staff; serve on assigned committee within the institution and central office.
· Implemented / coordinated / supervised programs with outside agencies for offenders.
· Probationary period for Corrections Case Manager: this time is a learning path for automatic promotion based on performance.
· Liaison between custody and classification; assisted custody with daily needs; interviewed offender conduct violations; escorted / supervised offenders at canteen.
· Completed intake paperwork with offenders; protective custody assessment; conducted offender intake orientation;
· Evaluated / processed visiting applications – included analyzing MULES / NCIC background records; maintains open-door office policy; maintained / issued offender room keys; processed / responded to Informal Resolution Requests (IRR's); liaison for outside agencies with offenders, including but not limited to attorneys, child services, law enforcement, family members.
· Maintained security in an adult correctional facility; intervened during emergencies or altercations and gained physical control of offenders; · Supervised movement of offenders inside/outside the correctional facility; conducted periodic counts of offenders; searched offenders and their living quarters for contraband; escorted/transported offenders to predetermined locations;
· Supervised offenders: in housing units, meal times, during the performance of work activities; during recreational/ religious activities · Conducted inspections for health and safety hazards; prepared/submitted reports on offender violations; completed necessary reports as needed;
· Discussed minor adjustment problems with offenders; referred serious problems to proper correctional facility staff; promoted rehabilitation by attempting to modify offender's social attitudes/discouraging undesirable behaviors/encouraging worthwhile activities
· Supervised visits with offenders; searched visitors for contraband.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: