A focus of the research in the Institute is to discover the role that carbohydrates play in disease and with that knowledge to develop new drugs and vaccines, which will interfere with the biological process of disease. Complex carbohydrates (glycans) are known to be involved in diseases such as cancer, arthritis, multiple sclerosis, brain disorders, and infectious diseases such as cholera, tuberculosis, melioidosis and malaria.
Research Focus: Medicinal chemistry aspects of Industrial process development
The Industry project is in conjunction with the Sugar Research Australia as a research and development collaboration with the Institute for Glycomics.
Skills and Responsibilities
• Application of medicinal to improve various processes relevant to the industry partner
• Advising and implementing project direction
• Prioritisation of key project elements and effective project planning
• Extensive reporting and interpretation of results
• Milestone report development and delivery
• Conduct of tasks in a professional and timely manner
• Effective member of a team constituting the larger project with extensive engagement to deliver expected project outcomes.
The School of Pharmacy and School of Medical Science in the subjects of Chemical Pharmacology 1, Pharmaceutical Science and Organic Chemistry in Biological Systems.
Provided the laboratory set up and cleaning services for the Health Sciences teaching laboratories.
Working in the areas of:
Recipient of Australian Postgraduate Award Scholarship
Young Chemist Committee representative - QLD Branch
Royal Australian Chemical Institute member (Since 2012)
American Chemical Society member (Since 2012)
Graduated with First Class Honours
Academic Excellence Award Academic Achievement Award
Recipient of Institute for Glycomics Scholarship
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: