Possess a 17 yr background of progressive clinical and managerial experience. Demonstates nursing judgement clinical observation and communication both verbal and written. Strong Organizational skills with the ability to function autonomously. Ability to make strong decision making, judgement skills, with effective time management. Positive profession attitude with the ability to work well with peers. Demonstrates effective leadership problem solving and analytical skills within an interdisciplinary setting.
ACLS and BLS current.
Licensure in California and Georgia as a Registered Nurse
Kaiser PermanenteMarch 2015 to CurrentClinical Nurse Manager Austell, GA
?• Assists in the development & monitoring of team/facility budgets & financial performance using quantitative info to manage & make decisions that enhance the team's, facility & organizational performance.• Responsible for the facilitation & building of self-directed teams, by demonstrating effective team management skills.
• Leads new initiatives, change positively & effectively.
• Participates in the interviewing & selection of team members that meet the clinical & behavioral parameters of a high performance team.
Coordinates selection process & orientation & training of new health care team members.
• Manages team conflict effectively, fostering collaboration & resolution.
• Makes timely, ethical, & firm business & clinical decisions.
• Evaluates team members, receiving team input & participation to provide timely & specific feedback & counseling, which improves performance & staff development, conforming w/Reg'l policy & procedures. Develops individual goals & action plans for achievement, against established performance standards. Coordinates performance review process w/Lead MD & serves as the liaison for input to performance from those outside of the health care team.
• Documents patient history & interventions, using computerized & electronic systems & processes to optimize patient care delivery.• Ensures customer concerns are resolved by self & the team, integrating changes to meet customer needs.
• Demonstrates excellent clinical knowledge & judgment, incorporating continuous learning for self & the team that enhances delivery of care & maintains clinical competence.
• Values diversity, fostering respect, appreciation, & inclusion of diversity w/in the team & in the delivery of culturally sensitive care.
• Maintains productive partnerships w/ Chiefs of Srv, Dirs, Labor Partners, Facility Leadership &Staff to achieve business & labor management partnership business imperatives.
Kaiser PermanenteJuly 2008 to February 2015Nursing Supervisor Fremont, CA
Manage the off-hours & weekend patient care activities.
Ensures staffs provide the highest quality of care are in compliance w/ the Nurse Practice Act, The Joint Commission, Federal, state, & local requirements.
Coordinates & monitors staffing for all shifts & maintains appropriate staffing levels & skill mix.
Participates in developing, reviewing, & updating departmental policies & procedures.
Assess & monitors clinical nursing practice for optimal patient care.
Designs & evaluates processes to improve systems & patient care results across the continuum.
Follows- up on all clinical issues.
Supervise staff, assess their needs & identifies educational opportunities.
Collaborates w/ all departments throughout the Hospital.
Acts as patient advocate.
Assists in developing, monitoring & maintaining the budget.
Monitors & recommends opportunities to reduce costs.
Manages & resolves human resource, employee & department safety, & risk management issues.
O'Connor HospitalJune 2006 to August 2012Staff Nurse San Jose, CA
Responsible for floating between ICU TCU CDU and ER.
Set up, operate, or monitor invasive equipment and devices such as colostomy or tracheotomy equipment, mechanical ventilators, catheters, gastrointestinal tubes, and central lines.
Perform emergency medical procedures, such as basic cardiac life support (BLS), advanced cardiac life support ACLS), and other condition stabilizing interventions.
Collaborate with members of multidisciplinary health care teams to plan, manage, or assess patient treatments acute or chronic conditions that could result in rapid physiological deterioration or life-threatening instability.
Grady Memorial HospitalDecember 1999 to June 2006Senior Staff Nurse Critical CCU/NSICU Atlanta, GA
Supervised and monitored unit nursing staff. Prioritized nursing care for assigned critically ill patients based on assessment data and identified needs. Assist physicians with procedures such as bronchoscopy, endoscopy, endotracheal intubation, and elective cardioversion.
Monitored patients for changes in status and indications of conditions such as sepsis or shock and institute appropriate interventionsSet up and monitor medical equipment and devices such as cardiac monitors, mechanical ventilators and alarms, oxygen delivery devices, transducers, and pressure linesPerform approved therapeutic or diagnostic procedures based upon patients' clinical status.
Collaborated with other health care professionals to develop and revise treatment plans based on identified needs and assessment data.
Administered medications intravenously, by injection, orally, through gastric tubes, or by other methods.
Education and Training
CLAYTON COLLEGE AND STATE UNIVERSITYBachelor of Science: NursingMorrow, GABaccalaureate of Nursing Program
DEKALB COMMUNITY COLLEGEClarkston, GA
Critical Care, EKG interpretation, Mechanical life support, patient advocate, intravenous therapy, computerized charting, People skills: great bedside manner, enthusiastic people person, advanced problem-solving, great organizational skills