This nurse has served the needs of the underprivileged population of New York City in the past ten years in the capacity of Instructor and Assessor. Strong communication skills, empathetic attitude, diligent work ethic and reliability, even during crisis such as Hurricane Sandy, resulted in students graduating from their programs, passing State exams and consumers having the opportunity to be assessed for Long Term Care remotely during a pandemic. Sensitivity and respect for the diverse culture of New York City has resulted in consumer confidence and satisfaction.
* Effective communication with consumers via Face to Face, Telephonic and Remote Video Telehealth modalities
* Accurate documentation and notes using good grammar and punctuation skills
* Recognize safety issues and in conjunction with Regional Nurse Manager implement appropriate actions such as Adult Protective Service referrals or 911 calls.
* Organize consumer scheduling, make confirmation calls for appointments and notify consumer of assessment results per protocol
* Complete all trainings in the prescribed time frame
* Computer skills developed to adequately perform tasks and utilize IT department as needed.
* Assess all needs and concerns per UAS format, participate in denial reviews and chart review process as needed
* Critical thinking skill development
* Communicate effectively with consumers via Face to Face, Telephonic or Video Telehealth modalities to obtain information and document via Uniform Assessment System to determine eligibility for long term care services. This is performed under the supervision of a Regional Nurse Manager and Quality Assurance Department.
* Confirm all appointments in an effective manner to assure consumer participation and advise consumer of assessment outcomes and appropriate further actions.
* Adhere to strict time frames for completion and submission of reports
* Complete all mandatory and recommended trainings in a timely manner
* Submit appropriate APS referrals and make 911 calls in consult with Regional Nurse Manager to assure all consumer safety needs are met appropriately.
* Classroom and clinical venue training of students enrolled in Certified Nursing Assistant and Home Health Aide courses at three Private Career Schools.
* Supervising and coaching students, alongside facility staff, at Cabs Nursing Home in Brooklyn, Brandywine Alzheimer's Unit in Melville, Far Rockaway Nursing and Rehab and Buena Vita Nursing and Rehab in Brooklyn.
* Author of " 22 Clinical Skills", a study manual for Certified Nursing Assistant students preparing for the New York State exam to be used as a supplement to provided course materials. This manual was useful at the three schools where employed.
* Traveled to all Correction Facilities in NYC which employ Correction Officers for the purpose of performing a Health Assessment to determine qualification for Respiratory Mask Fitting for use in emergency duty. Nurse traveled to sites not previously served.
* Performed vital signs and took health histories of Correction Officers in many venues, including Prison Wards of Bellevue and Elmhurst Hospitals and Bronx Prison Barge.
* This assignment was under the supervision of Nurse Linda Rhaney DOC/HMD.
* personal care, bathing, dressing, feeding, ambulation, turning/positioning
* Hoyer Lift, use of all DME and assistive devices, stair elevators and medication administration
* Nasogastric tube insertion/feedings, Foley catheter insertion/maintenance, PEG nutrition and maintenance, oxygen/suctioning, tracheostomy care, IM injections, Diabetic Care and pain management, Hospice and palliative care
* In home charting
* Develop communication skills to facilitate a trusting and supportive relationship with patients and families
* Volunteer New York Medical Reserve Corps Award for service during Hurricane Sandy
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: