An exceptional manager, visionary and mentor with various degrees in healthcare and management. I possess a collaborative healthcare management background with over 24 years' experience transitioning from the Air Force. I am a highly motivated and capable leader with outstanding strategic planning management, budgeting, and contract experience. As a result, I am highly proficient at conflict resolution, problem solving with an innate ability to critically think, and have a proven track record of process improvement initiates such as Lean Six Sigma model.
- Oversaw Allergy/Immunization clinic training of 6 immunization technicians and certifications for 5 Allergy providers
- Managed $250K Immunization clinic budget purchased 90K in vaccines during 50% manning crisis while ranking number one in region in compliance rating.
- Led Immunization Back Technician program executed 140 hrs of on the job training and 60 hrs of lecture earned a rating of "Outstanding" during Health Services Inspection
Key advisor to flt CC on issues/programs in 3 clinical areas, serving 6.2K beneficiaries with $1.7M productivity
- Oversaw Family Health's $35K flooring project; renovated 50 rooms/relocated 20 personnel while maintaining 98% patient access to care.
- Managed 9 support staff for visiting providers; enabled 119 appointment in 4 specialties recouping $62K in referral costs
- Piloted Patient Centered Medical Home initiative managed 17 support staff secured continuity #1 in productivity out 9 departments $28K awarded for additional supplies and equipment.
- Patient Advocate for 6K beneficiaries solved 42 concerns with in 2-3 hour turn around time sustaining a 95% patient satisfactory rate
- Drove production of 5.4K patient visits 1K vaccinations with 25% staffing shortfall upheld 96% access to care
- Guided $500K Allergy Immunization Clinic budget secured vaccines and medical supplies vital to 99.6% organization vaccination compliance rate.
- Managed servicing, replacement of $100K in equip/18 exam rooms; enabled 161 procedures--saved 16K/referral costs
•Managed 4 Readiness Training reporting systems tracking requirements for 3.5K members with a 96 percent compliance rate 4% increase in less that 3 months.
•Guided 35 readiness courses totaling 396 hours of training for 1.6K members on 9 requirements increase the organizations training rate from 91% to 96% in 3 months
•Directed organization Preventative Medicine inspection evaluating housing, water supply and waste disposal promoting healthy environment for 1.2K staff.
•Piloted the organization's Readiness Skills Verification Program correcting 97 deficiencies for 67 different career professions enforcing 100% compliance.
•Managed 4 accounts totaling $1M in supplies and equipment while integrating equipment training enhancing work place safety for patients and 35 staff.
- Led organizational Emergency Care program directing 6 member team, generating 48 classes per year supporting 3.5K personnel at 3 locations, evaluating 70 departments for compliance
- Manage 15 facility/12-acre field training site ensured all areas mission-ready for optimal learning environment
- Championed Organization's Regional Emergency Care program provided guidance to 3 Senior Executive-level managers, 70 Joint Base San Antonio department and briefs 70 mid-level managers on program finding an improvements.
- Guided 35 readiness training courses totaling 396 hours; training 1.6K members on 9 requirements raising the organization's compliance rate from 91% to 97%
•Incorporated organizational performance improvement initiatives educating 60 personnel on guidelines and policy updates as well as procedures for revised on-board training objectives
Managed Dermatology Clinic department operations organizing assignments Education and Training for 60 staff optimizing $6.8M in patient care with a 95% access to care rate.
•Initiated department patient appointment phone tree and call routing system lifting clinic productivityby 7% helping exceed clinic business plan exceeded by 46%
•Revamped Dermatology Clinic Laser program procuring state of the art equipment increasing elective surgery capabilities by 12% recapturing $15K to the organization.
Directed Cardiac Clinical Services Air Force Medical Service's largest Cardiology Department serving 17.5K patients with 35K encounters annually
- Guided 5 cardiac sub-clinics analyzed clinical performance and safety trends while sustaining procedural operations for 31 staff
- Managed 3 departments leading 109 personnel directing operations for 6 sub-clinics enabling 16K encounters steering $2.1M budget more over capturing $2.5M in medical services.
- Guided department medical technician and cardiology/pulmonary technician Phase II training program; oversaw education of 68 technicians in 7 sub clinic specialties verifying completion of 178 job training tasks
- Revamped department coding process, teamed with Data Quality department adding technical codes increasing Relative Value Units by 623% or 2.87 per visit boosting revenue 196K annually.
Department Appointment Manager created and coordinates 6 provider's schedules for patient flow, managing clinic daily tasks and template booking
• Communicated policies between medical treatment facility leadership and clinic personnel aligning clinical processes with medical treatment facility and national standards maximizing outpatient services for 250K beneficiaries
• Created department in-service training program, initiating policy letters and reviewed training records ensuring clinical competency and continuity for 109 department staff
• Initiated, planned and executed The Joint Commission inspection
program and briefed 14 leaders securing compliance for 7 departments solidifying a flawless Joint Commission inspection.
• Timekeeper for 3 departments; launched FY20 template, ensured timeliness and accuracy for 109 members--effort assured 100% staff pay
Professional Manager Certification
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: