Assist Store Manager in Store Operations including: driving sales and profit, customer loyalty, planning, prioritization, and delegating of daily tasks.
Support Store Manager in Team Member counseling, hiring/staffing decisions, scheduling, Team Member training and development, and maintaining a productive work environment.
Perform Opening/Closing procedures.
Transport and make deposits to the bank.
Resolve customer complaints/issues and ensure the customer has a positive experience.
Lead freight movement, and support merchandising initiatives, feed management, and inventory control.
Train Team Members on the appropriate application of policies and procedures.
Operate cash register/computer
Supervise cash handling procedures.
Adhere to loss prevention standards and respond to any alarm calls as needed.
Operate Forklift and Baler
Assist customers with loading purchases.
Complete all documentation associated with any of the above job duties
• Developing, managing, and communicating the shortage action plans and shortage programs within store.
• Effectively executing the internal program
• Effectively overseeing the execution of the external program.
• Providing a safe environment for customers and associates.
• Administering and enforcing the policies and standards of the company.
• Recruitment and hiring of loss prevention personnel.
• Training and development of staff to achieve desired performance and to prepare them for promotion by building bench-strength.
• Delivering performance counseling when necessary.
• Leading the process of shortage plans and ensuring they are actionable, measurable, and impact the shortage bottom line.
• Developing an open line of communication with both AP/LP and store associates, store management, central, and peer AP/LP teams.
• Networking with local law enforcement and mall management.
• Ensuring that all AP/LP guidelines are followed by AP/LP staff.
• Represent Bloomingdale s in court proceedings when necessary
Performs safety, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and Environmental activities and reporting, initiating
timely updates when applicable
• Conducts safety inspections on a scheduled basis in the Store and Auto Center, ensuring timely and accurate reporting of results
• Conducts regular operations assessments (i.e., Merchandise Protection Audit, Open/Close Checklist), recommending action plans
• Assists store management and District Loss Prevention management in the detection, investigation and closure of internal fraud
• Maintains appropriate evidence in accordance with prescribed procedures
• Monitors sales floor activities using closed circuit television equipment or onsite observation
• Adheres to shoplift guidelines (i.e., six elements of proof) performs shoplift apprehensions consistent with store theft activity and
helps train store staff in proper application of shoplift guidelines
• Prepares investigation reports that are accurate, complete, concise, and well-organized
• Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information
• Uses basic internet navigation and email to access and print information and reports
• Performs other duties as assigned
Performs all the duties of a Recycling Specialist
Utilizes personal automobile (with mileage reimbursement) to reach designated recycling centers
Drives from recycling center to recycling center delivering supplies as needed
Provides training to new employees or re-trains current employees as needed
Covers any recycling centers within the assigned geographic zone as necessary. May occasionally cover a recycling center outside of zone but within the Region if necessary
Cleans inside the recycling centers when they are closed
May provide assistance to Recycling Specialist at high volume recycling centers
Removes trash from outside the recycling centers
May report to Operations Manager in some cases
Other duties as needed
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: