Assistant Store Manager equipped with extensive experience in retail management and sales. Employs excellent customer service, leadership and team building skills, adept at problem solving, delegation and management of work, employees, time and resources, in order to reach production goals.
Member of LOWES management for 12 years.
Ran of the top 15 highest grossing stores in the company.
Managed 6 successful inventory's.
Directly oversaw the development of 11 team members to management positions.
Received multiple corporate recognition awards for customer service.
* As member of highly successful management teams,
we grew our business every year, during my time with LOWES exceeding forecast
by an average of 8% and bottom line by an average of 5%.
* Every year have received corporate recognition and merit awards for outstanding customer service.
* Focused on employee development, began a mentor programs that helped advance 8 team members to Specialty Sales positions, 7 to Department Managers and 4 to Assistant Store Managers (ASM).
* Initiated the redesign of our store Garden
Center, worked with the corporate design team to modify the initial concept in
order to maximize space and increase ease of customer shopping for our location,
this saved $22,000 in additional costs and reduced construction time by 1 week.
* In 2010 directed the implementation of the new LOWES PSE (Project Specialist Exteriors) program in our store, we lead in sales every year and we're the first to reach the $1 million sales goal in our Market by 2012.
* In my last 3 years at the Newport News I was able to minimize customer install complaints by 24% and reduce customer financial compensation by 29%.
* Was lead manager on 6 inventories all of which resulted in positive return to the store with less than a 1 % margin of error.
LOWESMarch 2013 to January 2017Assistant Store Manager Newport News, VAMy primary role was to oversee store programs through effective delegation and management of work, employees, time and resources. This includes overseeing staff coverage and assisting in the recruitment and selection process. This also includes overseeing the opening and closing of the store, handling cash deposits and ensuring compliance fir all safety regulations. As an ASM I am expected to increase sales and maximizing profit margins through forecasting, sales reports and store promotions. I was expected to drive and inspire as service culture focused on superior customer service and prompt resolution of all customer service issues. I was also given the opportunity to train and develop my and as well as enforce performance issues. Lastly ASM's manage inventory by ensuring shelves are stocked and proper product levels are maintained.
LOWESFebruary 2008 to February 2013Assistant Store Manager Williamsburg, VASAME AS ABOVE
LOWESMarch 2006 to February 2008Department Manager Williamsburg, VAMy Primary Job as a Department Manager was to manage the sales floor. This includes supervising and training associates, managing performance, and ensuring adequate department coverage. Manage stock levels and ensuring accurate prices. As a DM I used internal systems and generated reports to plan inventory levels, as well as track and resolve any issues. I also set the example for excellent customer service and required the same from my team, I maintained a safe and customer friendly department that was fully stocked, zoned, clean and Professional.
U.S. NavyOctober 1981 to August 2005MMC Ret Norfolk, VAMy primary job upon entering the Navy was Shipboard Power Plan Operator, over my career I also worked as Military Police, a Recruiter and as a Lead Facilitator for the Enlisted Naval Leadership Training Course in Europe.
US NavyVariousNorflok, VA, USA
Completed various courses throughout my military career, to Include:
Principles on Naval Marine Engineering
Military Law Enforcement Academy
Instructor course in Leadership and Management training