Dedicated, patient-focused Patient Care Technician skilled in technical, clerical and patient support. Strong ability to communicate clearly and effectively to patients and staff. As well as, Certified Nursing Assistant with 3+ years experience in fast-paced environment handling confidential paperwork, administering medication and providing quality patient care with excellent communication skills and 4 years expertise in ER and I.CU. care. While being able to deliver compassionate care in a hospital environment.
BLS - Basic Life Support
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
AHA Healthcare Provider CPR Certification
1. Balance currency, coin and check(s) in cash drawer at end of shifts. Calculate transactions, using calculator or adding machines. 2. Cash check(s), pay out money after verifying that signs are correct, written/numerical amounts agree and accounts have sufficient funds.
3. Receive check(s)/cash for deposit; verify amount(s) while checking for accuracy of deposit slips. 4. Examine check(s) for endorsements, verify other information such as, dates, bank names, identification of the persons' receiving payments and the legality of documents. 5. Enter customer's transaction(s) into computers in order to record transaction(s) and issue receipts. 6. Count currency, coins, check(s) received by hand or use currency counting machine to prepare deposit(s) or/and shipment. 7. Identify transaction(s) mistakes when debits/credits do not balance. 8. Prepare and verify cashier's check(s). 9. Arrange monies received in cash boxes and coin dispensers according to denominator. 10. Process deposit retirement savings plan, automated teller transaction, nights deposit and main deposits. 11. Receive mortgage, loan, and bill, verify payment dates and amount(s) due. 12. Resolve problems or discrepancies on customer's account. 13. Explain, promote, sell product(s), or service(s), such as traveler's checks, saving bonds, and orders, cashier's checks, and use information to tailor to recommendations for the customer. 14. Perform clerical tasks such as, typing, filing microfilm photography. 15. Monitor bank vaults to ensure correct balance assist with work flow to ensure Tellers are successful, consistently balance their cash daily. 16. Order a supply of cash to meet daily needs. 17. Sort and file deposit slips and deposit(s). 18. Receive and count daily inventories of cash, drafts, and traveler's checks
1. Obtaining 12 lead electrocardiograms 2. Performing venipuncture for blood collections 3. Performing vision and hearing test 4. Performing finger stick glucose testing, Naso-pharyngeal suctioning, skin care and post mortem care 5. Providing one to one monitoring 6. Assisting in applying patient restraints 7. Experienced with adults/youths conflict resolution in a residential environment 8.Assist other health care members in providing patient specific detailed education regarding adequacy measures where appropriate - Online Clearance Monitoring (OLC), Adequacy Monitoring Program (AMP), Urea Kinetic Modeling (UKM), and regarding disease process/access. 9.Welcome assigned patients and inquire as to their wellbeing since their last treatment.
10. Report any complaints or observations to the nurse supervisor. 11.Evaluate vascular access for patency and report any unusual findings to nurse supervisor. 12. Obtain necessary pre and post treatment vital signs and weight. 13. Report unusual findings to nurse supervisor.
14. Perform vascular access evaluation pre-treatment and report unusual findings to nurse supervisor. 15. Perform vascular access cannulation and report any difficulties in cannulation or unusual findings to nurse supervisor. 16. Perform administration of Heparin as delegated or as allowed by state law. 17. Monitor patients' response to dialysis therapy and report any unusual findings to nurse supervisor. 18. Obtain vital signs prior to reinfusion; perform all relevant functions necessary for the discontinuation of treatment - document. 19. Discontinue dialysis treatment according to established procedures. 20. Evaluate patient prior to termination of venous access - standing & sitting blood pressure. 21. Obtain Hemostasis and apply appropriate dressings. 22.Evaluate the patient for prior to discharge and report any unusual findings to nurse supervisor. 22. Perform and record Pre and Post dialysis evaluation, weight and vital signs with initial identification. 23.Responsible for calculating and entry of individual patients' dialysis machine. 24. Record accurate and timely information regarding vital signs and treatment parameters onto the Hemodialysis Treatment Sheet with initial identification. 25. Responsible for accurate documentation of information related to patient treatment including completion of Hemodialysis Treatment Sheet and, if applicable, progress notes.
26. Observe patient, and conduct machine safety checks according to facility policy. Report any change or unusual findings to the nurse supervisor. 26. Perform and document any intervention for unusual patient status and document patients' response to intervention. 27.Obtain all prescribed laboratory testing and prepare specimens for collection.
1. Obtaining 12 lead electrocardiograms 2. Performing venipuncture for blood collections 3. Performing vision and hearing test 4. Performing finger stick glucose testing, Naso-pharyngeal suctioning, skin care and post mortem care 5. Providing one to one monitoring 6. Assisting in applying patient restraints 7. Experienced with adults/youths conflict resolution in a residential environment 8. Experienced working with homeless patients that abuse substances have mental illnesses and are HIV positive. 9. Experienced with setting up and beginning dialysis procedure 10. Familiar with priming dialyzer for dialysis as well as performing patient care on patients 11. Experienced with giving heparin and saline under the direct supervision of charge nurse or physician
12. Familiar with the Century 2000 as well as other dialysis machines.
13. Complete and document ongoing participation in Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) activities. 14. Enters all treatment data into the designated clinical application accurately and in a timely manner.
15. Review treatment sheets for completeness, ensure nursing signatures are documented, and ensure omitted entries are completed or corrected where appropriate. 16.Prepare initial patient chart for admission and compile paperwork for appropriate placement in chart.
17. Prepare lab requisitions for prescribed or stat Lab specimens according to laboratory destination. 18. Collect, label, appropriately prepare and store lab samples according required laboratory specifications. 19. Ensure collection of lab specimens by appropriate lab courier. 20. May assist HT RN on Home Visit as directed. 21. Schedules and contacts patients regarding appointments. 22. Weigh patient and obtain vital signs. 23. Collect treatment records and review for completion. 24. Notify RN of incomplete / missing records. 25. Cleaning and prepping treatment room; prep chart Preparing lab tubes and requisitions & assisting with lab draw days both pre and post draw (PCT certified phlebotomy or per state regulations) 25. Clerical duties as assigned (faxing, mailing to physician offices etc.) 26. Obtain home hemo water sampling as directed by the HT RN. 27.Set-up of the home hemo machine and PD Cycler. 28. Assist with exit site care when directed by HT RN. 29. Warm dialysate solution when directed by the HT RN. 30. Draw dialysate solution for testing as directed by the HT RN
Creates and sends patient reminders (supply inventory for order, Kt/V collection, bringing meds to clinic visit for review. 31. Assembles/breaks down charts / thins charts. 32. Maintains logs as directed and applicable
33. Inventory of Home Program. 34. Maintains par levels of home department supplies. 35. Assists patient with supply management and contacting customer service
Kaplan College/Dallas, TX Medical Assistant (Diploma)/ Still Attending
Member of Ambassador Club
Highest Grade In Class Academic Achievement Award
Normandale Community College/ Bloomington, MN Communications (Associates Degree)/Graduated 3.0 GPA
Member of Delta Phi Beta
Member of Over Achiever Club
Member of Ambassador Club
Collections, Testing, Venipuncture, Dialysis, Cash, Clerical, File, Filing, Payments, Typing, Work Flow, Nursing Assistant, Patient-focused careExcellent interpersonal skillsCompassionate and trustworthy caregiverTime managementDetail-orientedEffectively interacts with patients and families.Preparation of healthy meals and snacksHospice care providerMedical terminologyCatheter preparation and changeRespiratory equipment trainingWound careCharting and record keepingCharting and record keeping
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: