Experienced hotel accounting manager skilled in effectively controlling costs and achieving year over year revenue.
Extensive hotel Rooms Division operations, Reservations and Revenue Management experience. Passionate about training and developing a cohesive team.
- Superior attention to detail
- Invoice coding familiarity
- Service oriented
- Analytical reasoning
- Customer relations experience
- Highly organized
- Fiscal budgeting
- Hospitality background
- Inventory management systems
- Reservations and booking system experience
- Guest service experience
- Staff training in Rooms Division
- Hotel operations and management
- Prepare and generate financial statements for several full service and limited service hotels and facilitate account closing procedures each month.
- Performed general accounting functions, including preparation of journal entries, account analysis and balance sheet reconciliation
- Provide training to on-site hotel staff for all financial systems as well as new staff members.
- Planning and preparation of annual hotel budgets.
- Analyze and investigate variances compared to forecast, budget and prior year.
- Point person for audit information for outside audit firms.
- Prepared and initiate in-coming and out-going wire transfers.
- Analyze and validate all monthly banking, cash reconciliations.
- Researched and resolved accounts payable discrepancies with outside vendors.
- Prepared, uploaded and coded all invoices for the hotel.
- Testing and implementation of new system technologies.
- Balanced monthly general ledger accounts to record cost and month end accruals.
- Reconciled discrepancies between accounts receivable general ledger and accounts receivable trial balance.
- Reviewed and validated daily and weekly cash reports for accounting management.
- Developed and implemented Accounts Receivable billing procedures for the hotel.
- Supervised and trained 3 staff members in accounts receivable, general cashier and cash handling.
- Reviewed monthly accounts receivable aging balances with shared services environment.
- Reconciling accounts payable and accounts receivable accounts on monthly basis.
- Preparing and set up of hotel in all accounting areas to be transitioned to new Oracle financial system.
- Validated high level conversion balances from old to new system.
- Training of hotel staff on new accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger and expense account processes.
- Maintained all task lists during conversion.
- Greeted, registered and assigned rooms to guest of hotel
- Answered department telephone calls within 3 rings, using correct salutations and telephone etiquette
- Made and confirmed reservations
- Maintained and managed hotel inventory during evening shift
- Prepared weekly schedules for staff
- All customer service training based on company guidelines
- Verified customers credit and nightly rate variance
- Processed daily payroll during AM shift
- Handled guest service issues and responded to guest inquiries
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: