Highly focused Assistant Director with experience facilitating safe, nurturing and supportive daycare environment for infant and preschool-aged children. Expertise in childcare center administration. Directed creative programming and administrative staff for daycare center serving over 200 children. Highly effective at increasing efficiency through creating organized systems of information.
Assists in the development and implementation of the center's marketing plan and activities
Assists in enrolling children to ensure that openings are filled in a timely manner
Assists in managing enrollment systems to ensure appropriate follow-up with inquiries and center tours
Assists in implementing the education program, to ensure compliance with regulatory, funding, and accrediting agency requirements
Works with the director to solicit feedback about the program from families and staff on an annual basis, and develops a program improvement plan based on such results
Manages child transition policies, procedures, and systems
Actively participates in the process of ensuring and maintaining accreditation status through the NAEYC and quality rating through the Illinois ExceleRate system
Shares responsibility with the director to ensure that staffing in the classrooms comply with the NAEYC performance standards and the licensing requirements of the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services.
Participates in the recruitment and retention of staff
Ensures that new staff are appropriately oriented to their role
Conducts formal performance evaluations in a timely manner
Assists with the coordination of ongoing staff development activities including in-house meetings and trainings.
Assists Child Development Director in the developing and monitoring the center budget
Assists with managing staff and program expenses to enrollment
Recommends expenditures for classroom and site supplies
Monitors the maintenance of facility, equipment, and supplies to ensure cleanliness and safety are maintained
Conducts frequent walkthroughs of the site utilizing the Health & Safety checklist and other tools to assess potential health and safety risks
Co-develops plans to address facility concerns in a timely manner
Assists with the monitoring and collection of client billing as needed
Completes all written reports in a thorough, accurate, and timely manner
Assists in the implementation of a strength-based approach with families
Builds respectful, culturally-sensitive relationships with families
Assists in facilitating parent meetings/training's/family events
Communicates effectively with families through written and oral communication
Participates in local professional organization and advocacy efforts that support the needs of children and families
Utilizes community resources to provide needed services to children and families such as mental health, social services, and housing
Develops cooperative relationships with community and professional groups in the area
Provides program, classroom, and center staffing support as needed
Report to school each morning for daily placement.
* Provide classroom coverage when regular teachers are absent.
* Cover assistant positions in the classroom.
* Demonstrate flexibility and initiative with unpredictable schedule.
* Communicate on a regular basis with other teachers with regard to planning and assessment.
* Follow through with classroom issues such as discipline, expectations and routines.
* Communicate with administrators when issues arise.
* Take an active role in behavioral management.
* Attend and contribute in staff meetings and professional development activities.
* Maintain records of assessment, attendance, and planning.
* Teach in a manner that supports the mission statement of the school
Facilitate educational opportunities for students seeking to improve their basic skills and/or prepare for the General Education Diploma.
* Adapt activities and materials to meet the needs of the students.
* Register and collect information for each student according to college requirements.
* Administer student assessments and maintain accurate records of performance.
* Participate in monthly staff meeting and professional development opportunities.
Plan, control and direct the overall activities and care for learning center with 120 students and 27 staff members.
• Recruited and developed solid team of professionals.
• Fiscal management, record and administrative organization and maintenance.
• Development and application of individual curriculum.
• Implementation of classroom management practices.
• Function as primary contact person for parents/guardians on enrollment, assimilation, and progress.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: