Hardworking and reliable registered nurse with strong ability in providing quality patient-centered care and willingness to learn and adapt. Offering experience in cardiac care inpatient and outpatient with strong people skills. Highly organized, proactive and punctual with team-oriented mentality.
Based out of Denver, CO, AmeriCorps NCCC is a national service organization that has specifically trained me in first aid/cpr, tool and vehicle safety and diversity awareness. It taught me alot about working on a team and how to be responsible and professional. I was deployed to 6 different areas and completed a variety of projects:
- Boys and Girls Club of Brazoria County (Freeport, TX) - Worked as a teacher's aid during the school hours and tutored 2nd graders in reading and spelling. I worked with an after school program, helping kids with their homework.
- American Conservation Experience (Flagstaff, AZ) -
Camped in various locations in northwest Arizona alongside international volunteers. Constructed barbed wire fences, built trails, removed invasive species (tamarisk) and built rock cairns.
- Disaster Response (St. Louis, MO) - Responded to the EF-4 tornado that struck the St. Louis airport and surrounding areas. Performed damage assessments on affected homes, perfected chainsaw skills, tarped roofs and cleaned-up yards of vegetative and non-vegetative debris.
- Disaster Response (Joplin, MO) - Was an initial responder to the EF-5 tornado that struck the town Joplin. Worked in the field managing and leveraging volunteers, served meals at the Red Cross shelter, assisted with the Search and Rescue team and processed volunteer applications in the Volunteer Reception Center.
- Energy Efficiency (Grand Junction, CO) - Collaborated with Mesa County, Xcel Energy and other organizations to promote energy conservation in homes and businesses. Project included going door-to-door and talking with homeowners about energy efficiency programs the county was offering, as well as setting up information tables at farmers markets.
2006 Special Olympics NH Student Volunteer of the Year
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: