Seeking a position where I can use proven people oriented skills to develop and promote a positive work environment. while fully utilizing my communication, organizational, management and problem solving skills as a Mental Health Program Manager. Dedicated to achieve the highest levels of client satisfaction through comprehensive client care and emotional support. Strong decision maker who understands the importance of compassion and patience.
College of Visual Arts St. Paul, Minnesota
Multimedia Design, GPA: 3.0 1999 - 2003
Lee University Cleveland, Tennessee
1973 - 1978
Bachelor of Science- Coursework in Social Science
Minor in History, Psychology
Member/ President of Veterans Club on campus
* Decision Making / Problem Solving * Negotiating Skills * Employee training, counseling and motivation * Excellent customer service and interpersonal * Marketing and Advertisement * Cooperative and Coordinated Team Building Staffing management ability *Confident public speaker*Conflict resolution
*Personal and professional integrity *Cultural awareness and sensitivity
* Utilizing customer service and interpersonal skills in a 3 Star Corporate Tower * Working closely with management and maintaining a professional relationship with co-workers * Managing/Supervising account Officers in house trainings A1 Pilot Car, Palm Coast, Florida *Jumped in to fill gaps for on call rotation when necessary.*Fostered interdisciplinary relationships by negotiation and consensus building to attain goals for all disciplines.
* Successfully launched and marketed a successful escort/pilot car business * Managed and trained a team that provided services for several large companies' state wide to safely deliver products that required pilot cars to escort in a timely manner *Possessed a thorough knowledge of GPS process which coordinated all aspects of specified routes for oversize loads using vague state mandated trip routes * Provided services to Sea Ray Boats, Ryder Systems, Brunswick Boat Group, GE Corporation.Carefully selected, developed and retained qualified staff, as well as trained [number] new staff annually., Systems Transport, Northwest Pilot Car Services and many other companies across the United States and Canada Actively maintained up-to-date knowledge of applicable state and Federal laws and regulations. Regularly evaluated employee performance, provided feedback and assisted, coached. Closely monitored competitor activity, legislative and regulatory initiatives and company concerns and contracts and developed strategies to respond.
* Co-designed and managed start-up of successful Gourmet Internet Cafe * Created training manual and conducted all aspects of interview process, training and managing a team of 10 to 25 employees while establishing a growing reputation as a leading small business in the Daytona Beach area. *Carefully selected, developed and retained qualified staff, as well as trained new staff annually. *Actively maintained up-to-date knowledge of applicable state and Federal laws and regulations. *Sourced and implemented new performance appraisal process.*Provided thorough supervision for day-to-day operations of business operations in accordance with set policies and guidelines.Observed strict confidentiality and safeguarded all staff-related information.
* Increased department sales from $350,000 to in excess of $1,000,000 Conducted probationary and annual performance evaluations of all nursing staff.during tenure * Extensive experience in managing, interviewing and training employees * Implemented and managed progressive customer service skills within the company * Assisted in the design and implementation of a self service, customer friendly system of marketing. Conducted probationary and annual performance evaluations of all employees.Analyzed all business activities and data to properly assess risk management and improve services. Developed and arranged continuing education opportunities in the retail business and food industries for all staff to increase knowledge and skills.
* Managed high volume Medicaid program with responsibility for interviewing, hiring, training and managing case managers, counselors and other pertinent employees to maintain program requirements * Carefully selected, developed and retained qualified staff, as well as trained new staff annually.* Coordinated the implementation of an intense School Based Program over three counties using highly skilled and trained service providers. * Developed and taught company mandated motivational Total Quality Management training program servicing more than 1500 employees. * Served as a resource to biological and adoptive families, focusing on the preservation and support of a child's current living situation. * The services included the utilization of basic skills training, life management skills, case management and other supportive counseling. * Social Rehabilitation Services: Plan and coordinate interventions with counselor as a team for clients that address needs for stabilization, as well as social reconnection with self, others and the community * Documentation: Prepare documentation, including assessments, care plans, meeting notes and other materials as needed. *Evaluated patient care procedural changes for effectiveness. *Served as liaison between management, clinical staff and the community. *Implemented standards and methods to measure the effectiveness of agency activities in the community. *Cooperated with other health related agencies and organizations in community activities. *Actively maintained up-to-date knowledge of applicable state and Federal laws and regulations. *Jumped in to fill gaps for on call rotation when necessary. *Regularly evaluated employee performance, provided feedback and assisted, coached and disciplined staff as needed. *Diligently monitored the QA (Quality Assurance) program to improve performance and maintain high standards of care. *Contributed to and participated in community education projects to foster widespread understanding of the prevention and treatment of mental illnesses.
*Maintained and investigated all Adult abuse cases within a 3 county jurisdiction *Worked closely with all Adult living facilities. *Monitored evidence-based care into practice environment to ensure high quality care for patients and their families. *Monitored infection control procedures to ensure facility-wide health and safety for our clients and families at nursing facilities.*Worked closely with Judges, Law Enforcement and Health Department field nurses Maintained a case load of 147 clients across 3 counties. Observed strict confidentiality and safeguarded all patient-related information. *Analyzed nursing care facility activities and data to properly assess risk management and improve services. *Administered moratorium's for nursing care facilities if a patient was found at risk
* Administered, directed and coordinated the activities for servicemen participating at the center. +Served as liaison (auxiliary chaplain) between base chaplain and the local community. *Cooperated with base related agencies and organizations in community activities for servicemen. *Organized and led weekly personal growth meetings with service (Air Force, Navy, Marines and Army) members. *Contributed to and participated in community education projects to foster widespread understanding of the dangers and relationships of service personnel in foreign countries. * Worked to create goals, objectives and budget concerns of service personnel on tour of duty to foster a sense of peace of mind while servicing overseas.
USA Infantry 94C20-316.781 - MOS 94B20 Company C 1st Battalion 58th Infantry 3 A, Ft Benning, Georgia (Culinary Chef/ Cook) HONORABLE DISCHARGE.
Army National Guard: MOS 19D20 HHT 1/278th AGR Athens Tennessee. (Auxiliary Chaplin/ Recruiter) HONORABLE DISCHARGE.
Training, Interviewing, Client care, Customer Service, Receptionist, Retail Sales, Case Management, Documentation, Medicaid, Total Quality Management, Security, Marketing, Sales, Sales From, Benefits, Recruiter, Chef, Problem Solving, Team Building, Managing,supervision,
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: