Passionate prospective teacher with more than 4 years of experience developing students both in and out of the classroom and learning from teachers K-12 while covering wide range of subjects. Highly skilled at motivating students through positive encouragement and reinforcement of concepts via interactive classroom instruction and observation. Successful in helping students develop strong literacy, numeracy, social and learning skills. Very intuitive into students Social and Emotional Learning and the importance of their mental health both in and out of the classroom.
Under direct supervision of the Principal or designee, the Academic Intervention Tutor assists teaching staff with daily individualized and group instructional and non-instructional activities.
- Provide individual and group instruction to students with an emphasis on oral and written communication, reading and mathematics.
- Assist in the maintenance of appropriate records for students served as required.
-Meet regularly with classroom teachers to plan activities and review assignments.
- Assist in the supervision of students in classroom activities, campus activities, field trips and other activities related to the instructional program.
- Provide leadership and serve as a positive role model for students from a variety of cultural, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Provide instructional assistance to teachers with lessons, demonstrations, and testing.
- Provide students with individual attention, assistance, and instructional reinforcement.
- Independently conduct instructional reinforcement activities with individuals and groups in accordance with teacher's written and oral directions.
- Assist in the preparation of instructional materials required for daily curricular activities.
- Attend classes, workshops, meetings and in-service training as directed to maintain and update skills and knowledge and to reinforce classroom effectiveness.
- Assist in the evaluation and grading of student activities and assignments.
- Assist in the implementation of appropriate behavior correction and disciplinary measures required to maintain student health, welfare and safety.
-Supervise students at recess, breaks, and lunchtime and maintain a safe and harmonious atmosphere by encouraging peaceful resolution of conflicts.
Under general supervision, will assist in supervision and tutorial programs, activities, special events, and other related duties as assigned.
-Establish and supervise tutorial programs.
- Assist supervisor in related duties.
- Maintain a professional and positive manner at all times with staff, patrons, and supervisor.
- Adhere to and enforce all safety Rules and Regulations, policies and procedures
As well as plan and implement lesson plans, supervise activities; maintain a safe environment for students; exercise good judgment in dealing with sensitive interpersonal matters; carry out instructions; meet deadlines; communicate effectively in verbal and written form; be organized; work a flexible schedule; and adhere to Rules and Regulations set forth by the City of Porterville
- Instructional Aide Certificate
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: