Want to use this resume?
City, State, Zip Code
Home: 000-000-0000 | Cell: 000-000-0000
Assertive Juvenile Correctional officer committed to providing proper instruction and an appropriate level of discipline to at-risk youth. Adept at ensuring that correctional programs are fully implemented. Committed to maintaining the safety of other juvenile offenders and fellow staff members.
● Outstanding knowledge of juvenile correction procedures
● Strong understanding of human relations and interactions concepts
● Solid grasp of proper detention and restraining methods
● Keen eye for spotting signs of trouble before escalation
● Excellent computer skills including MS Office applications
● Superb communications and time management abilities
● Reviewed police charge sheets to determine appropriate corrective measures.
● Managed all juvenile correctional facility operations.
● Established and maintained contact with parents and guardians.
● Inspected all detention facilities twice a day and noted any issues.
● Coordinated with counselors and state officials on each case.
● Supervised all transfers for court dates and medical appointments.
● Prepared and updated reports on each juvenile offender.
● Testified at court proceedings as required.
● Coordinated efforts with guidance counselors to develop customized program
● Managed daily operations of all youth programs aimed at correcting discipline issues
● Ensured that all academy regulations and procedures were upheld and enforced
● Performed regular inspections of youth quarters to check for banned items
● Supervised group outings to ensure the safety of all individuals
● Worked with outside youth services agencies on a per case basis
● Prepared individual assessment reports.
There are plenty of opportunities to land a Juvenile Correctional Officer job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Juvenile Correctional Officer resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.