Want to use this resume?
City, State, Zip Code
Home: 000-000-0000 | Cell: 000-000-0000
Highly-qualified and passionate Chemical Dependency Counselor with over six years of experience working with patients in substance abuse treatment facilities and outpatient treatment centers. Excels at managing a complex and challenging caseloads with a variety of substance abuse issues. Adept at communicating clearly and professionally with members of the medical treatment team and performing effective family outreach and support.
- Chemical dependency counseling for both substance abusers and their families
- Member National Association for Addiction Professionals (NAADAC)
- Facilitation of group therapy sessions within a rehabilitation environment
- Case management and crisis prevention
- Effective communicator and public speaker Excellent academic background
- Managed an average caseload of 25 patients suffering from a variety of substance abuse issues.
- Coordinated 12 annual education and support workshops for relatives and friends of rehabilitation center patients.
- Achieved a 85% success rate in successful completion of rehabilitation programs for patients with a documented 12% relapse rate.
- Served an average caseload of 30 substance abuse patients within the substance abuse treatment facility.
- Coordinated visits from social services psychiatric medical care and social and emotional support counselors for rehabilitation center patients.
- Performed intake interviews for the rehabilitation center’s and outpatient treatment facility.
- Coached rehabilitation program participants through an intensive 200-hour substance abuse support program held biannually for 60 committed participants.
There are plenty of opportunities to land a Chemical Dependency Counselor job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Chemical Dependency Counselor resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.