When customers walk into the dealership or sales facility, do you have what it takes to help them find the car that meets their needs? When they’re ready to buy, can you close the deal? Do you leave them feeling satisfied and ready to return for their next purchase? If you answer yes to these questions, you’ll need to highlight these skills in your resume. Review this salesperson resume example and follow the guidelines presented here, and create a document that shows off your most valuable contributions. When you hit the marketplace, you’ll win over sales managers and start scheduling interviews.
An automotive salesperson should be knowledgeable, have excellent communication skills, and a great resume. With the resume examples below as a guide, you’ll be closer than ever to landing the salesperson job of your dreams. Just click on any of the resume example templates below and use them as a guide in crafting a resume that will stand out from the rest of the pile!
Finding jobs as a salesperson means putting together a certain set of job seeking skills. The following tips should help keep you on track during this job search.
1. Stay positive. Keeping a positive attitude will allow you to see everything in the right perspective and remember that your unemployment is only temporary. You might consider joining a support group to connect with others in the same situation.
2. Get a part time gig. You can always find a part time position to alleviate the financial stress you may be facing. Plus, you never know where this part time opportunity could lead you.
3. Make a plan for yourself. Breaking down the process into smaller goals that can be accomplished on a daily or weekly basis is the best way to maximize your productivity. For example, try sending out a certain number of applications per week.
4. Connect with your network. Don’t hesitate to reach out to personal or professional contacts that could offer insight into the current job market. Their advice and time will be valuable, and you never know where your next lead could come from.
5. Make use of social media. Use Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to develop your network. These sites are also used by potential employers to gain access to your professional profile.
When it comes to finding jobs as a salesperson, you’re resume can set you apart from other candidates. Make sure your resume is in top shape with the following tips.
1. Don’t exceed two pages. Unless you’re a doctor or academic using curricula vitae (CVs), there’s no need to write more than two pages. Keep your resume writing relevant and concise.
2. Do align the text flush left and make use of bullet points where appropriate. These simple formatting tips will immediately improve the readability of your text.
3. Don’t rely on generic language. Avoid the overly used expressions such as “team player” and “hard worker” as these will detract from the individuality of your tone.
4. Do introduce your work history section with a “Summary of Skills” section. Doing so offers your reader with an at-a-glance view of your professional qualifications.
5. Do list your work history section in the following suggested order: title of position, employer, city and state of employer, and employment dates.