Use this professional created Forklift Operator job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Companies who have forklift operators on the payroll know that these transportation specialists can make work flow more efficient and increase productivity. Forklift operators are responsible for driving forklifts and using them to transfer items in a well-organized manner. They must also be able to perform routine maintenance on these machines to make sure they are working properly.
Forklift operators must have a thorough knowledge of how forklifts work, as well as how to safely use them in a warehouse setting. In addition, they must be able to manage teams of workers in order to meet tight deadlines.
The transportation industry can be fast-paced. Companies that post a forklift operator job description should request a worker who is able to work under these conditions, with a current forklift operator certification.
Forklift Operator Job Description Template
If you want more from your job than just a paycheck, consider a position at our company as a forklift operator. We strive to be revolutionary in every aspect, from the products and services we provide to the way we hire and train to the time we invest in our people. Join our company and you’ll be part of a team of people who use their skills to make the world a better place. As a forklift operator, you’ll play a key part in the day-to-day operations of our company, in addition to helping us reach our long-term goals of better, faster service for our prestigious clients. Join our company for a chance to make a difference with your abilities.
- Operate a forklift in our central warehouse to transfer products and other cargo into and out of storage or move them in preparation for shipping.
- Inspect forklift and work area for potentially dangerous safety problems and promptly notify supervisors of any potential issues.
- Carry out hourly, daily and weekly checks to ensure quality of product being transferred is maintained and inventory is organized.
- Perform routine and as needed maintenance on forklift and related machinery used during the course of business; keep maintenance tools organized and in good shape.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area and undergo regular reviews to ensure safety and cleanliness standards are being met.
- Collaborate with team members to meet daily shipment schedules and notify supervisors of any expected delays or issues with productivity; contribute to an overall positive team atmosphere.
- Contribute to increasing efficiency and productivity across warehouse team by suggesting and implementing methods to improve processes and workflow.
- Track any implemented initiatives and report on changes in productivity.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Two to three years’ previous experience operating a forklift
- High school diploma (GED will also be accepted)
- Up-to-date forklift certification
- Associate’s degree or higher education
- Experience managing large teams to complete work under tight deadlines
- Experience within a fast-paced shipping industry