Use this professional created Dietary Manager job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Dietary managers are charged with creating and implementing nutritionally beneficial and cost-effective meal plans for large-volume facilities such as hospitals, school cafeterias, prisons and more. They consult with kitchen staff and nutritionists to assemble a menu. Then, after budgeting, they find distributors and order food deliveries.
A hirable dietary manager should have at least a bachelor’s degree in nutrition or public health and hands-on training in nutritional health. They are also expected and often required by law to be certified dieticians.
When composing your dietary manager job description, you’ll want to illustrate the professional and personal traits you’re looking for. To attract the best job candidates, be sure to say that you’re seeking someone with strong organizational skills, communication abilities, listening skills and analytical thinking.
Dietary Manager Job Description Template
Ready to become part of a company that makes you feel valued for who you are? As a skilled dietary manager, you will fit right in with our culture of excellence while you control, organize, plan and lead your team towards the creation of healthful and delicious culinary creations. In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with topnotch training, attractive benefits and plenty of opportunities to develop your skills and become a leading professional in the industry. Ready to feel like you’re making a difference in the world? Become part of a goal-driven team that is changing the world one meal at a time.
- Ensure strict compliance with fire and health regulations governing food preparation, serving, and building maintenance for dining facilities.
- Develop cooking assignments for various members of your staff and oversee their work while ensuring that food is prepared and served timely and economically.
- Track and monitor methods for food preparation, portion sizes, and presentation to minimize waste and make sure that guests are presented with food that tastes and looks delicious.
- Plan and switch up menus on a regular basis while ensuring that fresh ingredients are utilized during appropriate seasons.
- Schedule and receive deliveries of food and beverage supplies, ensuring that all contents delivered match the content and quantities on each order form.
- Examine and respond appropriately to complaints regarding menu offerings, service, quality or accommodations.
- Perform food preparation, cleaning or serving tasks as needed to confirm that guests are served promptly.
- Review financial transactions and monitor payroll and budgetary records to ensure that all expenditures are properly budgeted and authorized.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two or more years of supervisory experience
- Registration as a dietetic technician or CDM/CFPP certification
- Knowledge of state and federal food regulations
- ServSafe certification
- Experience with menu planning software