Use this professional created Food Processor job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
In a food preparation facility, food processors take on a variety of tasks to ensure the highest food and ingredient quality. They are required to measure out ingredient components and properly mix ingredients to create the right formula. They also operate different pieces of equipment to get the final product right. While operating food preparation equipment, food processors must ensure the essentials, like temperature, equipment gauges and other controls, are properly set.
To find the right type of candidate, your food processor job description should address important skills. First, look for someone with a strong attention to detail. Next, it’s best to recruit a candidate with the ability to work on multiple projects at once.
An applicant who has excellent observation and recording skills is a must. The ability and desire to keep a workstation and environment clean are also necessities in this type of job. A strong work ethic is desirable as well.
Food Processor Job Description Template
Do you thrive in a fast-paced work environment that provides great pay incentives? If so, we need your positive attitude on our team as you fulfill the duties of a self-motivated food processor! Every single person on our dynamic team is needed to help us maintain our high-quality service and vibrant energy, and your untiring work ethic, passion and positive demeanor will earn you great satisfaction and the potential for performance-based rewards and recognition. You’ll love working in an environment that is warm and friendly, and your superstar performance will position you for upward mobility and growth. Schedule your interview today and take the first step toward becoming a respected member of our team!
- Follow recipes and formulas to produce food products that have a very specific texture, color, flavor and clarity.
- Record test and production data for every product batch, including information regarding test results, temperature, time cycle and ingredients utilized.
- Use an agitator or paddle to blend and mix ingredients as called for in recipe instructions, or operate vats that mix and heat ingredients mechanically.
- Measure, weigh and select ingredients with the assistance of balance scales and English or metric measures.
- Observe, monitor and adjust thermometers and gauges throughout the production process to ensure that the mixing chamber temperature is kept within the correct temperature parameters.
- Start equipment and turn valve controls as needed to maintain product quality during production.
- Monitor and listen to equipment to detect audible or visual signs of malfunctions, including plugs, leaks and other failures. Report any malfunctions or quality issues immediately to supervisors.
- Clean and sterilize factory processing areas and food production vats daily.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance
- Ability to pass a standard drug screening
- Strong work ethic and multitasking abilities
- Previous food production experience