Use this professional created Busser job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Bussers are expected to maintain a clean environment. They also bring customers requested items and refill condiments. Additional duties typically include communicating between the rest of the staff, offering water as soon as customers sit down and mopping regularly.
This is generally an entry level position, but previous experience as a busser or server assistant can be beneficial. The need for a high school diploma can be stated within your busser job description.
Communication skills are vital so that the busser can relay information to the waiters, servers and chefs. The ability to provide excellent customer service is also good, so patrons have the best experience possible. Bussers also need to be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and doing whatever is asked of them.
Busser Job Description Template
We pride ourselves on maintaining a welcoming and friendly dining experience for all of our customers at our establishment and want your help to maintain it. As a busser on our team, you will utilize your strong interpersonal skills to assist the servers in ensuring that our customers have everything that they need, including serving food and beverages during busy times. You will use your attention to detail to keep the dining area clean by wiping down tables after guests leave and resetting the table so that each new customer has the same high-quality dining experience. The fast-paced and high-energy environment will challenge you as you play an important role in the smooth running of our establishment.
- Provide service to customers, finding requested items and bringing them to the customer’s table in an efficient and timely manner.
- Clean down tables between customers using dampened cloths and other supplies to ensure a hygienic dining environment.
- Replace used condiments, soiled tablecloths, silverware and linens so that each customer has what they need for their meal.
- Bring food and beverages to and from the kitchen or serving counters, including pitching in to assist the wait staff during busy shifts to reduce the customer wait time and ensure all meals are served hot and fresh.
- Offer customers complementary items such as rolls and water as soon as the patrons sit down.
- Ensure that the stock area remains adequately stocked with clean linens, silverware, glassware, trays, dishes and more so there is no downtime when serving customers.
- Keep the dining area clean, which may include vacuuming, mopping, wiping down counters and other duties as required.
- Maintain communication with the servers, hosts, chefs and other staff members to ensure an efficient working relationship.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- 18 years old or older
- Previous experience as a busser or other server assistant
- Ability to handle a fast-paced working environment
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- High school degree or equivalent
- Experience with customer service