Use this professional created Bartender job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Bartenders serve drinks to patrons and mix drinks based on various recipes. They are also responsible for keeping the bar area clean and greeting people as they enter. Part of this greeting can entail informing customers of daily drink specials. Bartenders also need to collect payments and make change when necessary.
A state license is required to work as a bartender. This entails completing classes at bartending school. Prior work experience is also advantageous to possess.
Your bartender job description should state that applicants need to be able to multitask since bartenders have to do numerous things simultaneously, especially when things get busy. Customer service and decision-making skills will also come in handy.
Bartender Job Description Template
When you work for us, bartending is about much more than just mixing drinks and serving customers. As a bartender, you have a unique opportunity to get to know customers in a relaxed environment, explore a creative outlet when creating new drinks, and promote the bar, tavern or restaurant you work for. Bartenders that work with us are lively, outgoing, engaging individuals who pay close attention to detail and can handle multitasking in various high-energy situations and settings. If you enjoy mixing drinks, handling money and entertaining customers to keep the area lively and exciting for patrons, then this job is the one for you. Join our amazing team to explore your creative side and make new friends every single night as a bartender with us.
- Greet customers in a happy, upbeat manner as they come through the front doors, and set the scene for them to have a good time.
- Suggest new drinks to patrons and answer questions about any of the drinks we serve so our customers get just what they want during a visit to our store.
- Check customer identification to verify age and guarantee they are of legal drinking age to protect the bar from legal action and ensure safe drinking.
- Serve and prepare non-alcoholic and alcoholic drinks by following standard recipes, or take custom orders from patrons to make their drinks how they prefer.
- Respond quickly to any requests from customers in a professional, polite way that encourages them to open up and spend more time at our location.
- Guarantee that the bar, glasses and any materials used to mix drinks are clean and displayed in an attractive, functional manner.
- Know and comply with all safety, health and hygiene policies and standards set by our company and also by the state.
- Monitor, order and restock bar inventory to keep operations flowing smoothly.
Job Skills & Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be at least 21 years old with proper identification
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds and to bend and reach frequently
- Experience or courses mixing drinks
- Cash handling skills and experience
- Good customer service and communication skills